Beginner in need of advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpfulhusband

Reaction score
Apologies if its against the etiquette of the forum for non-professionals to post here, but unfortunately I'm in need of professional advice. My wife is currently interested in starting a nail technician course. Now I have helped look and can quite clearly see that some courses are effectively scams and some are just outrageously priced.

I feel as if we are looking in the wrong places. So does anyone know if there is a official diploma that she should be searching for ? My wife is 28 and is looking for some sort of evening class or part time course but unfortunately a lot of the courses out there seem to be 2 -5 day courses which just doesn't seem like enough time to truly learn, and we both feel sceptical of them, or full on college courses which my wife can't due as she needs to keep on working.

Any help and advice that could be offered would be much appreciated.

Look into the vtct courses. I’ve done two, I did mine every Saturday but they offered evening classes too. I had 7 saturdays, think the evening classes worked out about 14. Then you get a year to complete your case studies/portfolio and any exams you have left to do. I did a vtct level 2 in nail treatments (mani/pedi/nail art), then after I’d completed that I went on to do the vtct level 2 in nail technology (acrylic/gel/fibreglass). These are recognised qualifications and I did mine at an ofsted registered beauty academy. I’m 37 with three children and a job and I found I was able to do theses with my current comitmebts without it being too much of a headache. You do have to be careful what to choose, there are some scams. Alternatively look at people like CND or nail harmony. They are big brands which do top quality training in which she will be able to get fully insured and started up. Do expect around 5 days in house training, don’t bother with the 1/2 day courses x

That meant 1-2 day courses

Brilliant thank you very much for your help, I will look into it and let her know.

College is also a good place to look. Some offer part time nail technician courses :)

You are wise to be wary of short 1 day courses.
Either look at doing a recognised qualification such as an VRQ/NVQ or an intensive course offered by the major nail companies is always a good investment, particularly for a mature student. I would consider one of the main CND training centres as your first port of call.

I’m newly qualified and completed a 2 day course run by an incredibly informative and brilliant CND educator, I booked my course through sweet squared, it was reasonably priced and came with a lot of the kit to help you get started, i’d definitely recommend this to help your wife get started.

Latest posts

Back