Being your own nail tech, classy or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do my own nails l&p drilled out tips (prefer the distinct line) and like to change the colour of the tips from time to time and always back fill them haven't had a new set for awhile really should soon but they are fine at the moment! But it is the best advertisement as everyone always asks who does my nails I say me then give them my card!

I do my own, but get very frustrated with myself. I would love to have someone do mine - just once - for a full set. I can do my own infills no problem, and would let them grow out to a NNO... It's the starting out that I find hard. I haven't found anyone in my area that I would be happy with doing my nails. Heck, I've even thought about going to someone with nails prepped, tips applied etc and saying 'overlay these please' haha...

If someone were to ask me who did them, I would simply say "I'm a nail tech". That's not lying... it's just avoiding the question directly ;) xx

I love getting my nails done, but I have never gotten them done by someone else that I couldn't have done it 10 times better myself. So, as much as I hate doing my own, I do them. I am way too critical of other's work (on me). I once treated myself to a CND Master. They were the worst extensions I have ever had. It took me hours to file them into something resembling an enhancement. I think maybe standards for the Masters must be different here in Canada?

I do my own for advertisement and for practice for me :) x x

I to have always done my own nails. When i was training i would practise on myself and since then have never payed anyone else to do them. It is great advertisment as everyone has said. x

I have never ever had my nails done by anyone!

On my manicure training my tutor (it was one 2 one) did a couple of my nails and totally messed them up, its only now, 4 months later they are actually growing again and healthier.
Then I did my Gelish training 3 weeks ago and we worked on each other and I didnt enjoy the working on me. I was really panicky and scared. I had long nails, as soon as I got home I chopped them all right down as far as I could and started again.

My problem is im too much of a perfectionist. If its not perfect then im not happy. Im also odd in that it has to be symetrical. If nails are different legths or look different, again, I get panicky!

Im sure if I found a really good nail Tech that I trusted 100% and who was also a perfectionist, Id let them do my nails.

I've always done my own nails, and after ALOT of practise, Im actaully better at doing my "wrong hand" than I am my normal hand! lol I spent so long practising and making sure it was perfect.

I see my nails as my advertising bill board. I have had a few ladies say they like my nails and where did I get them done. I tell them I did them myself and gave them a card. I was shaking after I gave my card though. Havnt heard from them yet though....
xx

Latest posts

Back