Bella Forma Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I have just received a free sample of their gel and the leaflet says no training necessary but go to their website www.bellissima.com/onlinetraining to see application techniques but this is not working.
Has anyone used this product? I am Bio trained and wondered what the prep was and how many coats etc??

I have just received a free sample of their gel and the leaflet says no training necessary but go to their website www.bellissima.com/onlinetraining to see application techniques but this is not working.
Has anyone used this product? I am Bio trained and wondered what the prep was and how many coats etc??

your link doesnt seem to work hun - what about contacting them direct? i have just ordered a free sample from them - how long did it take to come?

Jodie x

It took months... so long infact that I had forgotten I had even ordered it and I can't remember where I got the gen on it in the first place. I just don't want to try it even on a friend unless I know how I should apply it.

Do you mean Bellissima Gel ?
I don't see anything on application techniques on that site.

They didn't even give you instructions? That's really strange :/
I was told that it's owned by Calgel (not sure), so if that's true then maybe it's 30 seconds for clear?

I received a free sample quite awhile ago, and I believe you follow basically the same procedure as Calgel. Not sure about this, but I think CalgelUSA started Belissima, but I'm not sure.

Yes Bellissama is the company, Bella Forma Soak Off UV Gel is the product.
I phoned them yesterday and had to leave a message. Emma phoned back while I was out and left a message saying the application instructions should be on the website by close of business today.

This was founded by the late Garey Hall who worked with Calgel I believe, that could be the reason why it took so long to arrive as he had just got the Company up and running when he sadly passed away.

I can help you with this application please visit Bella Forma Nail Gels by Bellissima you can order from there as well as seek help with this product. you can also email me at [email protected]. The application is similar in many ways of calgel except one, the clears do not yellow! colors are brighter and pigment is richer. All colors are the same viscosity unlike calgel's every color is different. Much easier to learn.

I can help you with this application please visit Bella Forma Nail Gels by Bellissima you can order from there as well as seek help with this product. you can also email me at [email protected]. The application is similar in many ways of calgel except one, the clears do not yellow! colors are brighter and pigment is richer. All colors are the same viscosity unlike calgel's every color is different. Much easier to learn.
I have received the intructioms now and tried it but got lift on to edges after 6 days. Followed intructions but was it right to only put one clear coat on after the two white and nothing under the white as a base coat? I am a Bio user so found this a bit strange!

I have received the intructioms now and tried it but got lift on to edges after 6 days. Followed intructions but was it right to only put one clear coat on after the two white and nothing under the white as a base coat? I am a Bio user so found this a bit strange!

yes that is correct first make a very very very thin wetting layer with clear so that the product can self level correctly. then without light put another layer of clear on by off loading the gel in the middle of the nail plate first to create the c curve *(note where you off load product it will be a tad bit denser there to help with the stress area.)with a gentle 'down stroke' toward the free edge.

With the remaining Bella Forma gel on the brush -
starting just a little away from the cuticle -
cover the entire nail plate with coat of Bellissima
(brush down very lightly no need to put any pressure on the product. (it self levels) put under the light for 60 seconds.)

2)smile line under light for 60 seconds
3)second smile line under light for 60 seconds
4) clear gel on top make sure it is level between the smile line and clear. Cure for 60 seconds to 2 minutes depending on lamps.
5) top coat
hope this helps

Last edited:
yes that is correct first make a very very very thin wetting layer with clear so that the product can self level correctly. then without light put another layer of clear on by off loading the gel in the middle of the nail plate first to create the c curve *(note where you off load product it will be a tad bit denser there to help with the stress area.)with a gentle 'down stroke' toward the free edge.

With the remaining Bella Forma gel on the brush -
starting just a little away from the cuticle -
cover the entire nail plate with coat of Bellissima
(brush down very lightly no need to put any pressure on the product. (it self levels) put under the light for 60 seconds.)

2)smile line under light for 60 seconds
3)second smile line under light for 60 seconds
4) clear gel on top make sure it is level between the smile line and clear. Cure for 60 seconds to 2 minutes depending on lamps.
5) top coat
hope this helps
Oh! You see my intructions said straight on with 2 coats of white (smile line) cured 2 mins each then the clear coat as you discribed wetting layer etc. That means I have one less coat than you!

Hi hon,
If it's any help to you you can find full instructions on my website on how to use Bellissima Gel products.
Sorry for the wait in getting your samples out to you but as below and also in the letter we sent out with the samples, Garey Hall past away 10 days after the Pro Beauty show in Manchester, he was Bellissima Gel UK. I am now looking after it for him and his family, so any questions please feel free to contact me.

I have only just found out about salon Geek but now i know i will be on here all the time, ready to help everyone with any Gel questions.
Enjoy and thanks again for posting the information about Garey.
Emma x

Last edited by a moderator:

I have tested the sample kit, and must admit I was quite impressed. I am used to NSI and Calgel gels. The consistency was slightly thinner than Calgel, and easy to manage. It self-levelled very well. I am definitely going to stock up on this product, and offer it in my salon. The pots are larger than Calgel also, the smallest size is 7g, almost double.

I have received my sample kit, thank you Emma. Have the french on my own nails and its got a bit thumbs up for me. I am a Calgel user, but it will be a big bonus if the french does not yellow.

I will definitely be ordering and looking forward to trying more colours. The french pink is a beautiful colour and the gels are a lovely consistency. Garey would be so proud that his dream will live on, so well done to you Emma and his family for carrying on with the company. xx

That's wonderful Karen, i'm so pleased.
We have just taken on a trainer to help us help salons change to Bellissima Gel.
We are very excited for its future and feedback like that makes me smile (with tears in my eyes!)
Have a great day hon x

Do you like the fact the pots are bigger?
I remember Garey and Marnie (Bellissima International's founder) talking about the pot sizes and how having it bigger would be better for the salons. Do you agree hon?

Emma x

A gel i have not tried:p never been heard of !!

Sample requested I eagerly await trialling it!

Amb x

Latest posts

Back