Best colour for shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks I’ve been using Sallys or capitals own brand hair colour I’m not that impressed.the colour seems to fade too quickly and not shiny at all. Anyone else found this and found a tint with lots of shine .i use permanent browns by the way .

Hi geeks I’ve been using Sallys or capitals own brand hair colour I’m not that impressed.the colour seems to fade too quickly and not shiny at all. Anyone else found this and found a tint with lots of shine .i use permanent browns by the way .
I am a true believer in you get what you pay for. You really can't expect to have everything from a tube of colour that costs so little. To get a better quality result, you'll need to invest in a better quality colour. Using the matching developer always helps. Are you covering a high percentage of grey? Or lifting the hair? If not then try a quasi colour? They're kinder to the hair and give much more shine than any permanent colour. Colorissimo is a budget brand, and is fair for the money, gives a reasonable amount of shine, and is formulated with bees wax to protect the hair. Reds and coppers stay well.
Then for a slightly better quality colour I'd look at indola maybe? Or affinage?
But a more premium brand I would definitely consider wella or the likes of L'Oréal..

Thankyou for your speedy reply .at the salon we use loreal which I also find quite flat. My mobile client has quite alot of grey so needs permanent colour .I've used matrix before that was quite nice but was just getting other ideas on different brands on the market .

Wella Illunina is a lovely colour range for shine

Wella Illunina is a lovely colour range for shine

I second Illumina for shine.

Colour touch also leaves a lovely shine due to the 'glimmer pigments' if you're not wanting to use a permanent colour.

Latest posts

Back