Best day to open a new beauty salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaysmith87

Reaction score
Hi

As the title suggests I'm opening a salon and as yet i've not 100% decided on the opening date but know that it will be around the end of May.

What are everyone's thought son the best day of the week to open?

hi you could have a launch day on a Saturday when most people are off and the town is busy have some buzz about the salon some bubbly nibbles, people handing out leaflets, offers on the day etc then officially open on the mon/tues xx

I have just opened my new premises, and while I hoped to have an open day etc, we just haven't been able to get it sorted, so we have just opened. Literally finished work on Friday and started in new salon on Tuesday - a bit full on! We're going to have an open day in a few weeks/months, when we're really sorted, and think we'll do a Saturday. Don't know if that helps!!!

I agree a saturday as thats when most people are out looking, also the last saturday of the month when payday comes about x

How has it been so far squidgerneyball?

What happens at an open day? How long would it last? All day?
I'm sorry I've never been to a salon open day x

Try searching on google for open days in your area in the next 6 weeks if there are any go and have a nose!!!
Ive been to a few and stayed about half an hour - picked up price lists, met the owner and therapists then gone back and tried them out the following week.
This was before i was a therapist myself.
Id agree a Saturday at the end of the month.
Have lots of business cards and price lists etc.
Good Luck and enjoy it!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

How has it been so far squidgerneyball?

Thanks for asking! So far so good. We have basically run out of money, so the work is done, the decorating is done, but we need chairs for clients to wait on etc lol! We moved from 1 treatment room in total - did nails, massage everything in there, to 2 treatment rooms, and a separate nail/reception area, so lots more furniture. My daughter now works with me, although she is only part time, and I have someone doing massage part of the week in one room, which helps! We did our first 'double Shellac' the other day mother and daughter, doing a mother and daughter which was great, and the past few Saturdays, we've both been virtually fully booked. We have had to buy fridge, washing machine, drier, so lots of expense!!! Will buy some chairs and have an open day!!!

Definitely Saturday after payday. So maybe the last Saturday of the month depending where it falls? A shopping day for most so lots if ladies out and about anyway- and no "I don't have any money" excuses!!
Good luck!!! :)

What happens at an open day? How long would it last? All day?
I'm sorry I've never been to a salon open day x

Hi becky30 I'm having an Open Evening on the 22nd of May we have a doctor starting who does anti wrinkle treatments and we're doing demos, special offers etc and of course some bubbly & nibbles you are more than welcome to come :) x

Hi becky30 I'm having an Open Evening on the 22nd of May we have a doctor starting who does anti wrinkle treatments and we're doing demos, special offers etc and of course some bubbly & nibbles you are more than welcome to come :) x

Ooh really, cani?? When is it, I'd love to come x

Latest posts

Back