Best face creams?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered if any skin experts could advise good skin creams for me to try. I'm guessing something with anti ageing now I'm in my mid 30's (arghh!), but I've tried so many different brands and I always seem to break out in spots.

I've only ever had one facial and they used Dermalogica (I don't know what type) but she had to take it off as it was stinging and I left very red faced!

I'm happy to pay more for the right stuff, it's just finding it! At the moment I just use Vaseline Intensive as this doesn't affect my skin at all, but I'm guessing it might not be doing much for me?

You could try elemis pro collagen mairne cream if your looking for something for anti ageing! It's a bit on the expensive side but you only need a tiny bit so It lasts a long time! It's also a gel consistency so feels quite light on the skin and not really heavy.

Or they have they're maximum moisture day cream which is for any skin type really and mattifies where it needs to and moisturise where it needs!

There are tonnes of gorgeous products on the market depending on your skin type, what philosophy you like and availability. My advice would be to go for three different facials, marine active, aroma based and vitamin active. See which facial you prefer and see how your skin reacts to them all and make your decision that way.x

Just reread your post and saw you are very sensitive, why don't you try environ if you know a salon in the area, have a look at the webpage and see what you think.xx

Environ everytime !

Great thanks for that everyone....I'm going to search now for a salon near me with Environ. It's one of those things that I keep putting off thinking I'm getting by ok...but really I get alot of those white spots (there's a thread further down about them) etc and I'm not getting any younger. :eek:

Ah typically my nearest place for Environ is nearly an hour away!

The hours travel will be worth it.......guaranteed !!!

Environ every time for me x

Great thanks for that everyone....I'm going to search now for a salon near me with Environ. It's one of those things that I keep putting off thinking I'm getting by ok...but really I get alot of those white spots (there's a thread further down about them) etc and I'm not getting any younger. :eek:

You know something, I just recently started using a .5mm derma roller on myself and I am totally blown away by the results. the small needles lightly puncture your skin causing tiny injuries which makes your body go into healing mode creating elastin and collagen in your skin.

After our mid twenties we start losing 1 percent of our collagen per year so this process is literally turning the clock back and putting the collagen back in. My wrinkles are starting to fade as is some pigmentation and my skin has totally firmed up. I have been doing this for a week and I am really excited about it. Creams coat your old skin but this process makes you grow younger brighter smoother firmer skin.

It is a bit uncomfortable but is not unbearable. .5mm is the minimum to cause collagen production and you can always use a bit of emla cream if it feels sore.

BTW I am not a representative for any derma roller company just an enthusiastic user. You can get decent titanium ones from various sellers online. I would recommend the ones with 540 needles, they work better.

If you are feeling flush you can also book into an overpriced clinic and pay a lady in a white uniform £120 per session to do the same with slightly longer and scarier looking rollers, but trust me doing it daily with slightly shorter ones, in the long run actually makes far more changes.

Obviously you need to sterlilise them every time and again there is plenty of advice out there.

pm me if you want a bit more info tho.

Hi tireeteam, i have just pm'd you,not sure if you have received it as strange things coming on screen after i submitted. Hope you dont think im too cheeky for butting in but where can i get this please it sounds amazing.

You know something, I just recently started using a .5mm derma roller on myself and I am totally blown away by the results. the small needles lightly puncture your skin causing tiny injuries which makes your body go into healing mode creating elastin and collagen in your skin.

After our mid twenties we start losing 1 percent of our collagen per year so this process is literally turning the clock back and putting the collagen back in. My wrinkles are starting to fade as is some pigmentation and my skin has totally firmed up. I have been doing this for a week and I am really excited about it. Creams coat your old skin but this process makes you grow younger brighter smoother firmer skin.

It is a bit uncomfortable but is not unbearable. .5mm is the minimum to cause collagen production and you can always use a bit of emla cream if it feels sore.

BTW I am not a representative for any derma roller company just an enthusiastic user. You can get decent titanium ones from various sellers online. I would recommend the ones with 540 needles, they work better.

If you are feeling flush you can also book into an overpriced clinic and pay a lady in a white uniform £120 per session to do the same with slightly longer and scarier looking rollers, but trust me doing it daily with slightly shorter ones, in the long run actually makes far more changes.

Obviously you need to sterlilise them every time and again there is plenty of advice out there.

pm me if you want a bit more info tho.

Must agree with this Dr Des Fernandes the founder of Environ has been instrumental in bringing medical needling to the retail market and has provided this piece of kit for many years as part of the Environ product range.

Oh cool - I didnt know about him. I will have a look. Have you seen whitelotus they have a lot of info about dermarolling too and seem to be in favour of the little and often approach to this rather than the 3 sessions of big needles then nothing which many of the clinics seem to do. You can get the rollers at a lower price elsewhere however I found what they had to say really interesting.

Last edited:
Oh cool - I didnt know about him. I will have a look. Have you seen whitelotus they have a lot of info about dermarolling too and seem to be in favour of the little and often approach to this rather than the 3 sessions of big needles then nothing which many of the clinics seem to do. You can get the rollers at a lower price elsewhere however I found what they had to say really interesting.

would really appreciate a pm of the website for research xxx

Wow that sounds interesting, but slightly painful?! Will have a little research into it though.

If I wanted to see someone who could tell me exactly what I need to be using, would that be a beauty therapist?

Wow that sounds interesting, but slightly painful?! Will have a little research into it though.

If I wanted to see someone who could tell me exactly what I need to be using, would that be a beauty therapist?

Yes, any environ trained therapist will be able to start you off with your prescriptive skincare routine, they will also have a file of images from environ that will show you the results.x

Yes, any environ trained therapist will be able to start you off with your prescriptive skincare routine, they will also have a file of images from environ that will show you the results.x

You can also google "derma roller" or "collagen induction therapy" as well.

Latest posts

Back