Best glue for hair extensions!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextensionist

Reaction score
Which glue brand or mixture do you like the best if tipping your own hair extensions and making your own i-tip extensions? I mean one that really hardens, easy to work with, good quality, lasts long and that really works well?

Son

Anyone!? Or doesnt it make a difference? Just want to know what brand and mixture to get the best bonds. Ta

I use a polyamide adhesive all the time for tipping I don't use anything else.

Really?! Can I ask why? Isn't that normal gluesticks and thats bad for the hair? Why don't you use keratin glue?

Thanks for your help

Hi,
I only use polyamide glue,its really nice to work with,and also nice(er) to remove,polyamide starts to break down as soon as the air makes contact with it,so best to keep it in an air tight container,but the plus side is it takes a long time,and it only starts to break down, wont disintergrate in the hair or anything like that, it just starts to soften, making removal easier,i used to buy from a hair extension company,and it was quite expensive, but sneakily peeled there label on that theyd stuck over the original and found its origins,so started buying it alot cheaper : )
Kate x

p.s, if the glue is accidentally left out in the open air before you use it, stick it in the oven for a while will dry it back up : )

I rang my adhesive supplier and had a chat about the 'keratin' adhesive and she said that there is no keratin in adhesive.

Her words not mine, I just stick to the polyamide now as i been using it for years.

Thank you so much! Learn something new everyday on here! But I don't really get it as the pre bonded always say they are tipped in Italian keratin?! It's just I started pre tipping my own and want to know the best glue as I had problems. I font really like when they go too soft but rather when they stay hard a long time and does not slip at all and last long. But since both you are saying it is worth looking into?! Thank you in advance.

Do you want me to send you one of my polyamide adhesive sticks.

Pm me your address and I will post you one

Im bumping this up as I have had some problems. I bought glue sticks from lush us to try and they weren't easy to work with at all. They said theirs was non keratin ones. They were much to soft and not easy to work with the heat wand at all. Can anyone else recommend good glue for rebondig or fusion bonding?? And also do you use pot or glue gun? Just always interested in making my service better so would love I hear.

Hi

I have had exactly the same problems.

Reading back up the thread I saw the comments about keratin.
As already said, keratin is not an adhesive, in fact keratin adhesive doesn't usually contain any keratin at all.

It is how it is worded that makes us read it incorrectly....
Keratin adhesive...this means adhesive that bonds to keratin (the protein in hair)

Think of it along these lines....

Wood glue does not contain wood
Paper glue does not contain paper
Keratin glue does not contain keratin

Hope this makes sense!

Unfortunately, even some stockists have got the wrong end of the stick, and they will now put keratin etc when it should say keratin adhesive.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have tried all sorts, including polyamide, but I didn't get on with it at all.

I just ordered some "Italian keratin granules" (should say adhesive!) from Foxy hair and I must say that it is the best i've tried. It's the only thing I order from them which makes it more expensive on delivery, but in my opinion it's worth it. I melt it in a heating pot then roll with silicone mats.

It rolls to make pre-tips really easily and is rock hard! It doesn't shed either.

I've tried some in my own hair and in my sisters and it's been great. I finally made it shed my putting loads of loreal vitamino conditioner on and letting it soak in (part of my test), but even then they only shed and didn't come out.

They don't crumble with remover quite as well as standard "keratin adhesive" does but they still remove pretty easily.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

What's best to use for micro rings. I know a salon that uses a glue very similar to bostik glue that you squeeze out of a tube for micro rings xx

Jody
You don't use glue for micro rings at all I think you may have your wires crossed

Nope the hair was being prepared for a fitting and the ends were being per bonded with glue! I saw them squeezing it out of the tube. The hair was then fitted using copper micro links. Xx

Oh my I know you don't bond the hair to the clients hair with glue. I'm asking how to pre bond the hair that you fit into the ring xx

Ahhh I had a horrible vision of a poor girl somewhere with rings glued to her hair lol

Imagine that! I'm just wondering what glue apart from the hot glue people use to pre tip xx

I use a polyamide for fusion and for Pretipping the hit into I-tips for my own clients and ll the hair I get sent to pretip from other hair extension technicians from everywhere. Never had any problems with it at all

Sorry not sure what you mean, do you use a polyamide for stick tips? Is a polyamide the glue you heat up? Saw your you tube video looks good. I know of salons that use glue out of a tube, like bostik glue?

Hi
The polyamide adhesive stick is loaded into an adhesive gun and each tip is made by hand

Where do you get yours from Denise? I have tried so many bad ones.

Latest posts

Back