Best hair clippers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parkyojin

Reaction score
I'm a nail geek who has to cut my husband and two boys' hair every month. My old Wahl clippers are dead and I'm in desperate need of new clippers. From the little research I've down I've heard a lot of good things about the Oster Classic 76. But what I really want is advice from the hair geek people. Any advice will be welcomed!

Thanks so much!

Hi, the Oster clippers are designed for heavy continual use in a barber shop enviroment as its a very powerful motor designed to run all day ,
I think you would find it is quite a heavy appliance ,

most barbers (that I know) tend to use Whal clippers ,
they usually also use a rechargable small beard trimer for necklines and intricate work ,

My own choice would be.....Wahl taper small clippers
for doing gents barber work and short graded work as these are
(light weight and manouverable ) they have a neat body (not bulky) which allows you to get closer to the contour of a childs head ,
and at around £35.00 they are reasonably priced and very reliable and great for short haircuts,
they are the same as the standard Wahl clippers ,
and all the blades and plastic combs all inter fit each other as the standard fit.
the only difference is the weight they are a lot lighter not bulky and and a lot easier to use, :)
which I find especially good for a womans hands ,

you may also want to invest in a nice little recharchable mini edger trimmer
to give a nice finish to the neckline ,
the babyliss pro doesn't nick the skin , and is great for what you need and at £15.00 they are very reasonable ,

(Tip.. slightly pull on the skin to create tension as this smooths out any folds in young childrens skin so it wont nick them whilst outlining the hair cut with the clippers or edgers)

T edgers /outliners / beard trimmers are for intricate work in a barbers shop or salon I like the andis cordless rechargable T edger for this
(as it's also designed not to nick ) :green: I find this a fab tool for making crisp neck /beard outlines ect , these are about £55.00

Back to Wahl ......
Wahl clippers should last and give you no trouble at all for many years....
if you follow the manufactures instructions to make sure the cutting teeth are always properly aligned and cleaned and oiled properly each time according to manufactures instructions
then they should carry on and on for many years ,
the same rules go for all clippers , regular maintenence is a must ,

another salon favourite I have is the Wella Xpert cordless clipper Diamond sharp cutting
as it's so smooth and makes hardly any noise , the only thing is you have to put it back on charge all the time so its ready for the next customer but....... its a pain if you forget to charge them up ,
also the cutting combs are numbered very differently to the standard Wahl numbers ,
and at £140.00 its a very expensive tool to buy just to use it monthly ,

the only clippers I don't like are the corded electric Forfex clippers as the body is way too bulky and heavy and they vibrate too much , a lot of students make the mistake of buying these because they are quite cheap......
I have seen them nick the skin an awful lot :eek: I really dont like them , but I guess its just personal choice , and others on here may like them :)

I hope this gives a bit more info to anyone who is considering buying
clippers lol x :hug:

I use Wahl Super Taper Clippers, they are great and a big improvement from those bought in Argos by anyone. I got them from Sally's and I can work better with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back