Best Insurance Policy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No neve at all! It would be great to meet with you at some point, I am sure that there are many ways we can work together.

I look forward to it David, see you at Beauty UK maybe

I am there from Friday through till Monday, pop over to the stand and we can get a coffee.

Ah, Thats so sweet ,its so nice to make new friends :) x

Does anyone do discount for two taken out at once.I need to renew mine and my daughters.Bad management on my part that they both come at the same time.

ABT unfortunately do not seem to understand the needs of therapists, CHECK and get it in writing regarding your insurance needs, a little tick in a box does not cover what you think it does. and yes, ABT I hope you read this, your company is a disgrace.

I use salon gold to cover me for everything
public liability
salon, stock, employers liability etc,
the list could go on but i wont bore you,
they are good and very reasonable if you have lots to cover.

I have just had an independent insurance company on the phone wanting to give me a quote and as i was not at work i let them,
when i said i did spray tanning they asked if i make the clients wear goggles :lol:
when i picked my self up off the floor from laughing i said no they do not wear goggles,
they refused to insure me unless they wore goggles :lol:
can you imagine the spray tan result if they wore goggles :lol::lol::lol:

im sticking with salon gold,
the guild of beauty
babtac
abt
are all reputable companies that understand our needs as therapists so i would give independent companies a wide berth after today's phone conversation.

Last edited:
oh thats good once im qulified i will be signing up with babtac if u get scratch subscription aswell.

I have used abt for the last 2 years and I've found them to offer excellent cover at a ridiculously low price, and yes you do get the scratch magazine subscription.
I have used abt to accredit my training courses, and have always found them very helpful and efficient!
I think there is alot of snobbery in this business as regard some of the larger organisations, which in my opinion are usually quite unhelpful and over priced!

I have used abt for the last 2 years and I've found them to offer excellent cover at a ridiculously low price, and yes you do get the scratch magazine subscription.
I have used abt to accredit my training courses, and have always found them very helpful and efficient!
I think there is alot of snobbery in this business as regard some of the larger organisations, which in my opinion are usually quite unhelpful and over priced!

It's a game of opinions in the end; and we all have one. Different levels of service and prices exist in all industries - of course the beauty industry is no different. Naturally I would advise us; just as all of our competitors would advise themselves. I would just say shop around and find what is best for you

I'm a mobile minx nail tech in Gibraltar and southern Sapin....does BABTAC cover this area? If not can anyone suggest a company?

Sorry to jump on this thread, but can anyone recommend an insurance company that also does employees liabilty as well as product, public etc

Just read this thread, I found the banter between the BABTAC and ABT guys hilarious, and then when I read Gillian's comment "It's so nice to make new friends", well, pick me up off the floor, that nearly killed me :lol::lol::lol:

Just read this thread, I found the banter between the BABTAC and ABT guys hilarious, and then when I read Gillian's comment "It's so nice to make new friends", well, pick me up off the floor, that nearly killed me :lol::lol::lol:

I enjoyed that exchange too :)

:lol: I keep imagining them standing in fron of a cowboy saloon, fingers twitching towards their guns!! :lol:

:lol: I keep imagining them standing in fron of a cowboy saloon, fingers twitching towards their guns!! :lol:

nice one - there is a film in that, shoot out at the ok. . nail bar...or something

nice one - there is a film in that, shoot out at the ok. . nail bar...or something

oooohhh.... you're right!! hmmm.... cant think of anything at the moment!

On the serious side though, i got some info from babtac about insurance the other day. Looks very good, covers everything i could think of and at a very reasonable price. May be able to save a tenner a year going with a lesser known company but i would prefer the reliable cover from well known company

oooohhh.... you're right!! hmmm.... cant think of anything at the moment!

On the serious side though, i got some info from babtac about insurance the other day. Looks very good, covers everything i could think of and at a very reasonable price. May be able to save a tenner a year going with a lesser known company but i would prefer the reliable cover from well known company

I am glad you think like that; we are extremely pleased we everything we offer and strive to get the best deals for our members. Incidentally - if you apply for a pack from our website, you will be sent a voucher that saves you that £10 anyway :)

Last edited:
I am glad you think like that; we are extremely pleased we everything we offer an strive to get the best deals for our members. Incidentally - if you apply for a pack from our website, you will be sent a voucher that saves you that £10 anyway :)

oh, you right!! I forgot about the voucher!! Well its a bargain then as well then!!! :)

Hi. I've also been looking for insurance that will cover working in Spain. I'd also like to start doing Detoxs with self colemas and wanted to find out if you can get liability insurance for this treatment?

Latest posts

Back