Best lash lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lash lifting - properly done is everything that you hoped lash lifting would be!

I used to do lash perming and abandoned it in disgust - the treatment protocol and products weren't quite good enough to give guaranteed results.

I've used lash perming solutions with lash lifting protocols and not had the same results as lash lifting. I was sure it was the same stuff in the sachets, but now I'm not so sure!

A good course trainer is a must, I'm frequently told that my lash lifting is better than other salons.
Hi do yumi lashes do training in Scotland

For the timing of yumi lashes what are the time amounts per step? I use elleebana and I'm trying to figure out why yumi takes so much longer.

Yumi lashes are an International brand. I've been trained in both LVL and Yumi and Yumi is better training. LVL training is very good and the marketing tips are excellent. LVL has great brand awareness in the UK so I'm very glad I took on LVL.

I personally prefer the Yumi lift. Yumi lash dye is fabulous I have black lashes and the Yumi tint really works well on me - the only one I've ever found worth the bother:lol: Yumi is very popular with darker lashed ladies and with Asian and other Ethnic clients. If you come from a hot country (as I do) your eyelashes will be naturally straight and even downward pointing to protect your eyes from strong bright sunlight. So a lash lift will need to be very good to work. Yumi does.

If you have Caucasian clients I've found Lash Base products to be fine and the best priced. Their supplier makes private label for Flirties, salon system etc, so why pay more? If you order in products and compare their performance you soon realise that some are identical and just the packaging changes, whilst others have been tweaked and have some unique features.

I buy a mixture of products from different suppliers to give me the best result for my clients.

Hi, I realise this post is from a long time ago but I'd love to hear if you have any updated information about LVL and Yumi lashes - I'm trying to choose between the two - also, is it really worth going with one of these two brands, or are they just relabelled versions of the others anyway :)

I'm looking at adding lash lift to my menu and was inclined to go with noveou LVL, but they are expensive training. Flirties has one coming up which is £100 cheaper. And reading that salon systems are good I really don't know which company to go for and if there is a better product?

I'm looking at adding lash lift to my menu and was inclined to go with noveou LVL, but they are expensive training. Flirties has one coming up which is £100 cheaper. And reading that salon systems are good I really don't know which company to go for and if there is a better product?
I nearly went with nouveau but in the end did a course with salon systems and am glad I did, I still use all their products apart from they don't do a small shield so I get those from lash base, but the lift from salon Services works amazingly and is reasonably priced, I've done at least 50 since my course at end of Feb this year and now have lots of repeats for holidays, summer etc
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498739063.028736.jpg

I nearly went with nouveau but in the end did a course with salon systems and am glad I did, I still use all their products apart from they don't do a small shield so I get those from lash base, but the lift from salon Services works amazingly and is reasonably priced, I've done at least 50 since my course at end of Feb this year and now have lots of repeats for holidays, summer etc
View attachment 205278

Hi,
I'm just starting off and i am wondering do you use the 4ml bottles or the sachets? Unsure which ones to order as some say the bottles don't last as long as the sachets.

I might be wrong but I believe that it's the same products but the bottles have more quantity. If you don't have many clients and you don't use them that often they are bound to go off.
If you are starting out go with the sachets

Hi,
I'm just starting off and i am wondering do you use the 4ml bottles or the sachets? Unsure which ones to order as some say the bottles don't last as long as the sachets.
I understand they are phasing the bottles out. I've got blue bottles and pink sachets atm

I can get 3 lash lifts from a sachet so try to book in 2 or 3 in a 24 hour period if I can as we were told to throw the sachets after that time

I use MyLash.. This is one of the lifts I carried out last week. I've been really impressed so far xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1499805607.792527.jpg

Hey everyone. Just looking for some advice. I use small and medium shields and not sure when I use them. I done someone with very short lashes and used small shield and turned out amazing. I then used small on someone with hooded eyes and a length to her lash and didn't feel it was that good. So would I have used medium. Just all a bit confusing lol thanks in advance xxxxx

I've just Googled
Screenshot_20171022-124507.png
what the difference is with all the lash lift brands and found an article saying don't be fooled by expensive branding, the products are all the same ingredients etc and that how good the treatment is really depends on how good a technique the technician has

It is definitely more about the technician than the brand in my opinion, your choice of shield, exactly where you position it, and how you lay the lashes on it, and your timings ...

It is definitely more about the technician than the brand in my opinion, your choice of shield, exactly where you position it, and how you lay the lashes on it, and your timings ...
Absolutely agree with this. A £500 pair of scissors isn't going to get you a better haircut if the hairstylist is rubbish. Some of the lash lift solutions are stronger hence the shortened timings, but in the wrong hands, they might frazzle the lashes. I trained with LVL, and my lashes that were done on the course were rubbish. Not the great advertisement I was hoping for lol!

I just did my training via 'Jenny' from Ellisons.
It was an excellent course...she was very through and meticulous!

We used Ellisons .'My lash - beautiful eyes'...and had very good results.

Jenny was very particular on shield size , it's placement, and how the lashes were adhered to the shield...i.e. no crossing!
It was also emphasised the importance of taking the lifting lotion right down to the base of the lashes...even though we were all a little worried it would enter the eye.
It didn't, and became obvious that this is the very place where the 'lift' has to be for a successful outcome.;)

I've just Googled View attachment 206294 what the difference is with all the lash lift brands and found an article saying don't be fooled by expensive branding, the products are all the same ingredients etc and that how good the treatment is really depends on how good a technique the technician has
Up until trying Elleebana I would have agreed and I've always said that most lash lift brands are much of a muchness.
I've tried so many over the past 8 years and found they gave ore or less the same result and the treatment was the same.
Then I tried Elleebana. I must admit it took a few treatments to get used to the rods rather than shields but, in my opinion, it's a much better superior product.
The solutions are strong and so the times are greatly reduced. The rods give a more natural curl and the solutions are very nourishing. The glue is water soluble so removes so quickly. The products are not made in China or rebranded. It literally knocked 30 mins off the brands I'd used before.
I think it's like comparing a mini to a lamborghini! lol

Up until trying Elleebana I would have agreed and I've always said that most lash lift brands are much of a muchness.
I've tried so many over the past 8 years and found they gave ore or less the same result and the treatment was the same.
Then I tried Elleebana. I must admit it took a few treatments to get used to the rods rather than shields but, in my opinion, it's a much better superior product.
The solutions are strong and so the times are greatly reduced. The rods give a more natural curl and the solutions are very nourishing. The glue is water soluble so removes so quickly. The products are not made in China or rebranded. It literally knocked 30 mins off the brands I'd used before.
I think it's like comparing a mini to a lamborghini! lol
Are you still a supplier for Elleebana?

I’m also another Elleebana fan. I was using salon systems and found that after about 2 years of using that product, the results weren’t as good. I contacted salon systems several times about it and never got a reply. I also have several clients that are salon owners themselves who were also having issues with salon systems and have also changed to Elleebana.
Also the process time for Elleebana is so much quicker.

Any thoughts on GDL by eyelash emporium.

Latest posts

Back