Best lash lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never regretted training in both LVl and Yumi. Refresher training is never a bad thing - the Yumi training is often very small group size and I had one to one supervision for my lash lifting technique.

When I had my LVL lashes done in training the results were disappointing. The trainer said that the product could only be left on my fine lashes for the minimum time. My lashes are also stubbornly straight so they weren't lifted enough in that short time. Of course I didn't want them frazzled. The Yumi product can be left on my lashes much longer without frazzling them - so I get a better result.

The lash lifting products are made according to the formulation requirements of their customers. If you buy several brands you will find that some are thick, others are thin, some are clear, others are coloured. They often smell different. The supplier will run off a batch for one customer, then change the product formulation and the packaging run off another batch for a different customer.

Sometimes the product is the same inside with only the packaging changing, but not always. I think that some people will get on better with a particular formulation. In my salon we do better lash lifting that anyone else in the area, according to my clients that have "tried the rest and come to the best".

There are a lot of things to consider when planning to invest in a training course. Some brands you can get a couple of treatments out of one sachet on the same day - other brands you can't risk it. Only one brand has the market reach to bring you in new customers - and that is LVL. I've NEVER had a client ask for Yumi that's found me through their marketing. But my reputation brings me new customers by referral and that's what Yumi has done for me. I have sent several girls for LVL training and it takes lots and lots of salon supervision before they can match my standards. So talent matters ladies, but hard work and attention to detail will get there in the end.

If you get clients through google, I'd go with the market leader - LVL. Otherwise, if you are going to bring in your own customers through your own marketing efforts and word of mouth referrals, find a trainer that can support you and recommend great priced products, tips and info. A Facebook group where you can post questions is great if you work on your own. If you have high end clients you need a high end product. For my clients, telling them Yumi is the brand in Harrods is enough recommendation.

I just did my training via 'Jenny' from Ellisons.
It was an excellent course...she was very through and meticulous!

We used Ellisons .'My lash - beautiful eyes'...and had very good results.

Jenny was very particular on shield size , it's placement, and how the lashes were adhered to the shield...i.e. no crossing!
It was also emphasised the importance of taking the lifting lotion right down to the base of the lashes...even though we were all a little worried it would enter the eye.
It didn't, and became obvious that this is the very place where the 'lift' has to be for a successful outcome.;)

WHAT were the timings you were given for My Lash if you don' mind me asking ?

Ive never regretted training in both LVl and Yumi. Refresher training is never a bad thing - the Yumi training is often very small group size and I had one to one supervision for my lash lifting technique.

When I had my LVL lashes done in training the results were disappointing. The trainer said that the product could only be left on my fine lashes for the minimum time. My lashes are also stubbornly straight so they weren't lifted enough in that short time. Of course I didn't want them frazzled. The Yumi product can be left on my lashes much longer without frazzling them - so I get a better result.

The lash lifting products are made according to the formulation requirements of their customers. If you buy several brands you will find that some are thick, others are thin, some are clear, others are coloured. They often smell different. The supplier will run off a batch for one customer, then change the product formulation and the packaging run off another batch for a different customer.

Sometimes the product is the same inside with only the packaging changing, but not always. I think that some people will get on better with a particular formulation. In my salon we do better lash lifting that anyone else in the area, according to my clients that have "tried the rest and come to the best".

There are a lot of things to consider when planning to invest in a training course. Some brands you can get a couple of treatments out of one sachet on the same day - other brands you can't risk it. Only one brand has the market reach to bring you in new customers - and that is LVL. I've NEVER had a client ask for Yumi that's found me through their marketing. But my reputation brings me new customers by referral and that's what Yumi has done for me. I have sent several girls for LVL training and it takes lots and lots of salon supervision before they can match my standards. So talent matters ladies, but hard work and attention to detail will get there in the end.

If you get clients through google, I'd go with the market leader - LVL. Otherwise, if you are going to bring in your own customers through your own marketing efforts and word of mouth referrals, find a trainer that can support you and recommend great priced products, tips and info. A Facebook group where you can post questions is great if you work on your own. If you have high end clients you need a high end product. For my clients, telling them Yumi is the brand in Harrods is enough recommendation.

I did the course today, but after checking my lashes this evening in the mirror I actually noticed that my lashes are not lifted at all, they just appear longer because they're tinted.... so I guess the lift was not long enough on my lashes, it was on it for 13mins.

What are your timings if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you so much!
Best wishes,
Dymfy

Latest posts

Back