Best silver/grey toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matrix also teach using the 11 hi lift blondes to tone, although personally I'd always use a quasi/Demi

Matrix also teach using the 11 hi lift blondes to tone, although personally I'd always use a quasi/Demi

But matrix are designed like this and only lift 4 levels like a normal tint, their ultra blondes on the other hand you wouldn't dream
Of using to tone with x

I'm looking to achieve a grey/silver tone of hair like the one in the picture I have attached. I've tried almost every matrix toner and haven't achieved the grey I'm wanting. Can someone help pleased ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 38
Colorissimo have just released 4 new grey shades. I'd try the silver grey in that brand. I tried it 2 days ago on my sisters blonde hair and it came out very nice! No khaki tone to it like other brands can leave. I used it with 3% x

Colorissimo have just released 4 new grey shades. I'd try the silver grey in that brand. I tried it 2 days ago on my sisters blonde hair and it came out very nice! No khaki tone to it like other brands can leave. I used it with 3% x
Will give it a try ! Thanks so much x

Here a few different greys using illumina or innocence

Attachments

• 20160706_110550.jpg
    20160706_110550.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160706_110550.jpg
    20160706_110550.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 87
I'm looking to achieve a grey/silver tone of hair like the one in the picture I have attached. I've tried almost every matrix toner and haven't achieved the grey I'm wanting. Can someone help pleased ?

I've done this w Matrix. The trick is to evenly get the hair to palest yellow. Take the finest sections . It can do it. Now assuming your palest yellow. Tone w double parts 10a+ 1 part 8v and a dot of 3v . And a dot of 1a. 1 a is almost a sheer navy and in hair can give you the coolest grey tone that's beautiful. But only do this if your palest yellow is even. Bc it can give you grey and dingey blonde. Ps treat the hair kindly porous hair can grab tones and although the it will look grey it can almost look blue. Make a swatch. This formula is great. 10a alone w a dot of 1a is great too

Schwarzkopf dove grey is amazing. If you see my pic that's what my friend uses on mine and it's the only one that has stuck. Also they now do a semi permanent spray to help up keep with the colour it's got really good reviews I'll try and add a pic. X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471056927.216456.jpg

Ive had the best luck achieving a "grey" or "silver" color if i tone twice. First: lift to pale yellow, then tone with violet to cancel out yellow and THEN go in with your grey or silver color. and BAM! works like a million bucks.

Latest posts

Back