Best silver/grey toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilk87

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know whats best to use? Clients hair is very pale yellow, white on the ends. doing her regrowth on thurs but she wants a silver/grey toner on it.

Help lol

Hi guys anyone know whats best to use? Clients hair is very pale yellow, white on the ends. doing her regrowth on thurs but she wants a silver/grey toner on it.

Help lol

What brand do you use? X

open to suggestions though, as she will want it to last longer than usual

Well affinage do a semi called colour dynamics - silver steel and as its a true semi it will be more conditioning and grab on porous hair, and as there's no mixing required, u can charge a bit more for the service and give her the colour to refresh at home, I do that with all semi permanent colour clients, unless they only have partial semi of course lol

Well affinage do a semi called colour dynamics - silver steel and as its a true semi it will be more conditioning and grab on porous hair, and as there's no mixing required, u can charge a bit more for the service and give her the colour to refresh at home, I do that with all semi permanent colour clients, unless they only have partial semi of course lol

great will have a look.

Will it grab more on the white and go darker? shall I even it out with a porosity leveller??

great will have a look.

Will it grab more on the white and go darker? shall I even it out with a porosity leveller??

It's only a silver tone so I don't think there's a possibility of it going darker, but not 100% sure...give affinage tech a ring and ask one of their colour techs x

Lil k I love wella 10/8 but watch I like a hawk xx

Igora royal 9-11 x

Wella 10/8 or loreal luo po1

Po2 would be better for toning 'yellow' blonde as it's violet, po1 could go green

I always thought that untill I done it on myself and po1 works better x

I always thought that untill I done it on myself and po1 works better x

Ah see I've had an issue with po1 going greeny, but have you tried luo p22? X

Ah see I've had an issue with po1 going greeny, but have you tried luo p22? X
Just have to keep an eye on it ..... Another one is the new dialight 10/12 it's fab bright white !!! P22?? No I havnt sounds quite intense bet it grabs like a bi*** lol

Wella 10/8 is the normal ash. But i love the 12 line, i see that as my toners, and i always use 12/98 and 0/81 to get ash. 15ml of 12/98 and 10ml of 0/81 + 60ml of 1.9 colour touch and visually develop. Or as others said, use the affinge cool ash white or silver steel, its amazing! and it lasts a while! but you need a decent light enough base for it to work at its best. you can buy it from Adel at xxxx trade price in a huge bottle. The longer you leave it, the more vibrant the colour and if you see a purple tint after you rinsed the hair, then just shampoo once to remove the bulid up and it will be totally fine. :D good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wella 10/8 is the normal ash. But i love the 12 line, i see that as my toners, and i always use 12/98 and 0/81 to get ash. 15ml of 12/98 and 10ml of 0/81 + 60ml of 1.9 colour touch and visually develop. Or as others said, use the affinge cool ash white or silver steel, its amazing! and it lasts a while! but you need a decent light enough base for it to work at its best. you can buy it from Adel at xxxx trade price in a huge bottle. The longer you leave it, the more vibrant the colour and if you see a purple tint after you rinsed the hair, then just shampoo once to remove the bulid up and it will be totally fine. :D good luck!

Toning with highlift :s

Toning with highlift :s

I don’t go by the ''book'' anymore, I know this isn’t the correct method of toning, but it gives me great results :) plus with 1.9 CT its only depositing the colour, and if anything the peroxide strength will double to 3.8 maximum, so if you look at it that way its CT intense.:biggrin:

I don’t go by the ''book'' anymore, I know this isn’t the correct method of toning, but it gives me great results :) plus with 1.9 CT its only depositing the colour, and if anything the peroxide strength will double to 3.8 maximum, so if you look at it that way its CT intense.:biggrin:

With stupidly high levels of ammonia!

With stupidly high levels of ammonia!

That's what I thought not just that but after pre lightening toning with a highlift would surely burn the hell out of your clients scalp ! X

Never ever had a problem with a client’s scalp burning at all. I value your opinion, but why are people on here so quick to jump down your throat if they don’t agree with you methods? I was trained to use 12 lines for toning, and I know many more professionals that use 12 lines. I’m not saying you’re wrong, because your right, but I don’t get why as soon as someone does something that you don’t agree with you give them the 3rd degree. Were supposed to help people not look down at them.

Latest posts

Back