Best thing invented

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zoeCU said:
I think the internet too and also ghds, if i had to live without them i would be very depressed and frizzy.

i agree ghds and internet .....

Anything to do with nails!! :Love:

Without doubt the washing machine. It gives me the time to do all the other stuff mentioned above!

I watched a prog a few years back called the 1900s house on C4. It was a family how had to live exactly as a 1900 family would do ... it took her 3 days to do her washing with such harsh detergents. Everytime I think I can't be bothered to put a load in the machine, or empty a load and put it in the drier I think of that poor lady spending 3 days of mindless scrubbing!!!!!!

I think this has been the biggest asset for the emancipation of women!

Sassy Hassy said:
Without doubt the washing machine. It gives me the time to do all the other stuff mentioned above!

I watched a prog a few years back called the 1900s house on C4. It was a family how had to live exactly as a 1900 family would do ... it took her 3 days to do her washing with such harsh detergents. Everytime I think I can't be bothered to put a load in the machine, or empty a load and put it in the drier I think of that poor lady spending 3 days of mindless scrubbing!!!!!!

I think this has been the biggest asset for the emancipation of women!

I agree with you there Sassy, with 4 children under 10 it would take up every waking min to wash all of those clothes by hand, and think of the state my nails would be in!!

lets not forget the tumble dryer, hoover, central heating, dishwasher all things which help give women a life outside the kitchen:biggrin:

oh and i cant even remember life without mobile phones, well actually i can, being stuck in town in the rain after missing the last bus and trying to find a phone box that hadnt been p***** in or vandalised, ahh the good old days.:rolleyes:

Mine has to be the Car oh I couldnt shop without it oh or work lol

Washing machine and heating most definately!!

Washing machine - takes a load off!
Heating - Horrible being cold been without it in the past and it was horrible!

I agree Theresa - those are pretty high on my list along with double glazing. My house backs on to the North Sea and when I moved in there was no double glazing or heating - my first winter here I had solid ice on the inside of my windows which were letting in a force 10 gale ~ I am shivering just thinking about it BRRRRRRRRRRR!
KxXx

jac extreme said:
oh and i cant even remember life without mobile phones, well actually i can, being stuck in town in the rain after missing the last bus and trying to find a phone box that hadnt been p***** in or vandalised, ahh the good old days.:rolleyes:

:D i remember!

Make up... i look dead without mine! and GHDs. not that i'm high maintenance or anything!!!

for me it would have to be electricity, without it we would not have any of todays time savers like washing machines so I have extra time for the internet where I can read all the geek news.

sue from the Peg

Keep Christ In Christmas

My fav things have to be, make up, computers and mobiles but most importantly CONTRACEPTION!!! x x

For me number one is IVF as I would told I would never have children and look now I have 3. Computer and the internet come 2nd for me cause I would go insane without the internet I love it!!
xxxxxx

Airconditioning ...remember I live in Florida.

For sure long live airconditiong!!!! Cant stand the heat. I live in the wrong city, we get stinker summers here/

for me, it would be my mobile, my straighteners and my laptop. not very original I know, as most of you have said the same. Oh, and chicken as I make loads of meals with chicken in and without it I think my hubby would have to live on pot noodles.

harvey said:
for me, it would be my mobile, my straighteners and my laptop. not very original I know, as most of you have said the same. Oh, and chicken as I make loads of meals with chicken in and without it I think my hubby would have to live on pot noodles.

lol what came first the chicken or the egg tho?

jules x

SLICED BREAD !!!!!!!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back