Best way to get platinum blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dozyvee

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to salon geek.

Ive been every colour under the sun and dye it myself most of the time but Ive recently wanted to go from red to platinum blonde (a pain I now know). I Put a home colour remover on my hair before I went to see hairdresser, then she bleached it once and did a bleach bath second and it went to a orange colour. She now wants to do a head of highlights but in the time between ive been using John Frieda Blonde Tone correcting shampoo and conditioner and some of my roots are now blonde and it has lightened ALOT. So im not wanting to have highlights if all it needs is a toner or a quick bleach bath.... (1st picture is What it was when it was done and 2nd & 3rd picture is now with what ive managed to get with using my tone correcting shampoo, and 4th is what it looks like without the sun on it, still a bit orangey)

I just need some advice really. I used to bleach my own roots when I was blonde a couple years ago so I have bleach and peroxide if a bleach bath is necessary.

What would you advise? As I said some of the roots are blonder and the ends are light orange colour.

Attachments

• IMAG2670.jpg
    IMAG2670.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG2761.jpg
    IMAG2761.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG2763.jpg
    IMAG2763.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMAG2769.jpg
    IMAG2769.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 168
I can believe your hairdresser let u walk out like that! Please don't attemp colour correction yourself, go to a reputable salon in your area.

Well my usual hairdresser didn't want to do it and flat out said no for whatever reason... So I called a local mobile hairdresser and that's what the end result was. I would go to a salon if I had the money to spare and was worried about the condition of my hair but its in great condition and ive mostly always done my own hair (unless its a drastic change like now or highlights)... I know that it must be frustrating for hairdressers having clients come in with messed up hair because they've done it themselves but unfortunately some of us just don't have the money. So rather than go ahead and just slap some bleach on I thought id ask for advice x

This is a forum for professional therapists so please give respect where it is due. You do not want to spend the money going to a professional but you are happy to come on here and expect those professionals to give you free advice. Would you walk into a salon and expect this advice for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back