Best way to lose 5-7 pounds in 3 weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
hiya
As some may know from the weight loss thread, I've been healthy eating and exercising (rather than dieting) since November and have lost 2 stone 2 lbs and am not far from my goal weight so it's going well.

HOliday looming now and I still have stubborn fat on my tummy and sitting on top of my hips at the back (don't know what they call that but I'm sure there's a name fr it lol), also would like to lose a bit more so I can safely put a few pounds on on holiday and be where I am now, if that makes sense!

I eat around 1200-1400 a day, 1 hr cardio gym workout 4 times a week with weights on 2 of those occasions, 2 x kettlebells classes, 1xabs toning class and 1x circuits

But not losing, have maintained for 6 weeks

What can I do to lose the squishy bits - or is it time to just accept that this is the weight my body seems to want to be?

If you are still eating a lot of refined carbs you will retain water. By adjusting the amount of them, you will see it dramatically reduce the fluid that can get held around the tummy. When I do this it spurs me on as I feel so different as soon as the following day. I hate retaining water.

Ah ok...... I'm wheat intolerant so I don't eat any bread, pasta, cakes etc

my carbs would be from Ryvita (rye obv) sometimes 6 in a day, a little rice (woops white basmati) sometimes, and veg, fruit and salad....but I adore those Eat Natural bars and I wonder about the sugar in them, so I might have to look into that, thanks Nicole333

Edit to add: just looked it up on their website and those Eat Natural bars are over 50% carbs......ok some is honey but I think that's quite high....

Definitely yoga. I used to spend hrs at the gym but could never target certain areas. Yoga transformed my body in 2wks! Get a DVD and do it every day. You will notice the difference. My sister is also trying to slim down for her wedding, lost lots and doing loads of exercise. She lost 2 inches off of her waist doing yoga for a wk! I love it :)

This may come in handy, a client of mine is a rep and really recommends. It's not a diet it's a detox for 9 days xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372440534.304200.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372440534.304200.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 322
You could try a meal replacement diet for the 3 weeks, Exante is one of the cheapest x

Thats one crazy detox. You dont eat for the first 2-3 days then you are allowed tiny meals and have aloe gel and shakes.
Some of the girls did it last week and they were suffering. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

hiya
As some may know from the weight loss thread, I've been healthy eating and exercising (rather than dieting) since November and have lost 2 stone 2 lbs and am not far from my goal weight so it's going well.

HOliday looming now and I still have stubborn fat on my tummy and sitting on top of my hips at the back (don't know what they call that but I'm sure there's a name fr it lol), also would like to lose a bit more so I can safely put a few pounds on on holiday and be where I am now, if that makes sense!

I eat around 1200-1400 a day, 1 hr cardio gym workout 4 times a week with weights on 2 of those occasions, 2 x kettlebells classes, 1xabs toning class and 1x circuits

But not losing, have maintained for 6 weeks

What can I do to lose the squishy bits - or is it time to just accept that this is the weight my body seems to want to be?

Have you tried a cheat weekend? Your not eating enough and your body is letting you know. Try two days at 2100 cal then drop down to 1600. This should kick it in to touch

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sometimes switching up your food and workout routine helps. Keeps things exciting, and keeps you motivated. Don't go trying any crazy diet or anything. The best way is to just eat balanced meals and switch your workout so you're body has something to try to adjust to. You can try a different cardio program if available, like boxing (which I love!). You can increase your weights a bit (this will NOT make you bulky! I'm 5ft tall and can squat and dead lift my own body weight and I'm not at all masculine looking), do more reps per set, or just keep things the same but add more sets. Or go crazy and try a totally different weights routine.

As for food, cut out some of the unnecessary sugars. You'll find a lot of the convenient foods like snack bars have tons of unneeded carbs and sugars. Snack on raw foods instead. Fresh fruits, veggie sticks and hummus, stuff like that. You'll get there!

My advice would be to keep doing what your doing, and add in more cardio.

Detoxes etc will lose weight, but you will almost immediately put it back on and it just isn't healthy...Especially if you are doing long days, it is impossible to function with them. I use an app called my fitness pal, it is great for watching your cals and losing weight, it has helped me a lot.

Congrats on your loss so far!

PS I definitely agree about a cheat weekend to kickstart your loss again, just know when to stop and don't freak out abot putting on weight on hols, if you're doing activities like swimming/sightseeing etc you will still be moving a bit so just enjoy it and don't worry :)

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Amazing results. I'm in the same situation and wanting to look peak for my holiday so I ordered the Insanity beach body 60 day workout and diet plan (just posted on the Insanity workout thread) from ebay. It was £77 which might sound excessive, but you sound determined. I've been going to the gym daily previously to tone up, and I really found the first day of this Insanity grilling, but I only hear of great results.

Its a five meals a day plan.

Will probably benefit greatly those who are determined, which you sound like you will be.

good luck with whatever you decide. :biggrin:

On the topic of workouts, I use Tiffany Rothe workouts which are on youtube for free...

They are really fun, don't feel like tedious exercise and along with doing two or three a day and eating well I lost just under two stone!

I definitely recommend them.

Now Days Media DR OZ show Or people buzzing about Garcinia Cambogia Diet! I want loose weight also but that fruits really works! anyone have good Or bad Exp Of Garcinia?

You'll be surprised what contains the most carbs. I just found out I have gestational diabetes and have to watch carbs. Best advice is check out the British heart foundation page for diets my dad swears by them, and they usually say you have to change up your exercise routine, if you stick to the same things week in week out your body becomes used to it. You need to do something different to give it a bit if a shock. Stick with it you've done amazingly so far 😃

I've lost 3 stone in about a year and a half and everytime my weight loss stalls I up my calorie intake.

From the sounds of it you are eating too few calories for your body to function correctly over a long period of time. Look into your BMR and TDEE. Join myfitnesspal if you haven't already and have a look at the forums on there and have a look into net calories and eating back workout calories.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

This may come in handy, a client of mine is a rep and really recommends. It's not a diet it's a detox for 9 days xx

Im also wheat intolerant with an underactive thyroid and I tried this I had to stop on day 3 I had put on 2 pounds and felt horrendous weakening up with a bloated stomach and constipated, I was defiantly intolerant to the gel :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely yoga. I used to spend hrs at the gym but could never target certain areas. Yoga transformed my body in 2wks! Get a DVD and do it every day. You will notice the difference. My sister is also trying to slim down for her wedding, lost lots and doing loads of exercise. She lost 2 inches off of her waist doing yoga for a wk! I love it :)

Can you recommend a good yoga DVD?

Laura xx

Quick weight loss can be so unhealthy long term.

A friend of mine recommended the Cambridge Diet - I tried it and thought I was dying!! It's about 540cals a day - all meal replacement, soups, shakes and after 1 week bars. It was pricey and would only recommend for a VERY short period. Your body goes into ketosis (really not good!!) I had to stop because it was hurting my kidneys.

I lost about 8-10lbs in my first week and lost about 3-4lbs every week - very good weight loss but NOT healthy or a long term solution at all. I could barely get off the sofa after working 8hrs - I had so little strength!!

Blossom started this thread on 28th June this year...I hope she has lost her weight by now, and had a great holiday :wink2:

Latest posts

Back