Best way to wrap a perm on long haired client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BettyBlack

Reaction score
Hello fellow beauty geeks! I have a client that would like a perm. Her hair is...

- fine textured & not too thick
- long....about to middle of her back
- would like end result to look like or be very similiar to this picture (attached)

I tried using Curlformers, and it gave her hair more of a wave, whereas she'd like more of a curl. Any suggestions on what rods I should use & how I should roll her hair?? Thanks!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351190533.876030.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351190533.876030.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 19,232
Hello fellow beauty geeks! I have a client that would like a perm. Her hair is...

- would like end result to look like or be very similiar to this picture (attached)

I tried using Curlformers, and it gave her hair more of a wave, whereas she'd like more of a curl. Any suggestions on what rods I should use & how I should roll her hair?? Thanks!

Hi Betty, have you received any answers to your question?, i´m interested in the same subject, thank you.

would piggy back perm do it i wonder? thats where you put one roller in and then add another halfway down? its a long time since college but i think thats how they did it! only other way i can remember was spiral but thats not what ur after!!!

would piggy back perm do it i wonder? thats where you put one roller in and then add another halfway down? its a long time since college but i think thats how they did it! only other way i can remember was spiral but thats not what ur after!!!

Wasn't a piggy back perm where you weave the hair put your roller in and leave the other weaved bit out. Then you put a roller in so it sits on top of the rollers? If that makes any sense lol x

no just checked and its what i thought...gives curl the whole length of the hair apparently! never done one though...theres vids on youtube xx

no just checked and its what i thought...gives curl the whole length of the hair apparently! never done one though...theres vids on youtube xx

My boss taught me wrong then lol x

I thought it was this? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357843138.785929.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357843138.785929.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 8,953
Piggy backs were you wind halfway then add another rod then wind both together x

I think there is different ways of doing it but weaving the hair and adding it on top later is one x

must be different ways then of piggy back:) do what you feel comfortable doin..at college they did it like i suggested but i suppose theres different ways i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole...hate permin long hair:( xx

Blue rods id say and piggy back as shown in the pic up there x or spiral perm but that might be too curly possibly x i love perming get lost in them lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Blue rods id say and piggy back as shown in the pic up there x or spiral perm but that might be too curly possibly x i love perming get lost in them lol

I love perming too ! Haven't done one for ages though , my new workplace do a few which is great !
I thought piggy back was same as the picture too X

Personally I would perm it on setting rollers, a medium sized one! If it is as long as you say the hair will have to be pre damped to be able to get lotion on the length, then you have the trouble of the rinse and the neutralising, with a setting roller you can get lotion on from the inside so areas won't be over processed, rinsing can be done from inside and neutralising, that way you get an even coverage and finish. Xoxo

Speaking of perms who cuts first then perm or perm than cut ? Also who applies lotion as they wind ? I cut first and apply lotion as I go x

Speaking of perms who cuts first then perm or perm than cut ? Also who applies lotion as they wind ? I cut first and apply lotions as I go x

For long hair I would usually cut 1st and pre damp as I wind. Shorter hair I would perm then cut.

Speaking of perms who cuts first then perm or perm than cut ? Also who applies lotion as they wind ? I cut first and apply lotion as I go x

I cut first too. But I prefer not to pre damp if its very long because of timing xoxo

Personally I would perm it on setting rollers, a medium sized one! If it is as long as you say the hair will have to be pre damped to be able to get lotion on the length, then you have the trouble of the rinse and the neutralising, with a setting roller you can get lotion on from the inside so areas won't be over processed, rinsing can be done from inside and neutralising, that way you get an even coverage and finish. Xoxo

I see you point with the seeing rollers but Wouldnt that give a slightly bigger curl than the pic than its gonna drop a good 20% ish before finding the nice balanced level? I haven't permed for ages either last perm i did i had to get my folders out it had been that long ha, long hair cut first and pre dampen but as i apply i unwind to get thwart length and wind back again, short cut after and just apply once wound just spray dried ones if they have x

Latest posts

Back