Best ways to advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am on the verge of getting started again, and I was wondering what the best way to advertise myself would be. I am a mobile nail technician in a small village so I am going to pop leaflets into my local shop etc but how will I go about this on a wider scale?

Thanks for any ideas. x

yellow pages do a free 1 liner that also gets you on yell.com....

does your village have a local rag....?? these are often cheep to advertise in and great for covering every house in your village...much easier on the feet..:lol:

For me by far the best advert has been word of mouth, but I appreciate you need to get going in the first place.

A lot of my initial clientele came from having cards in the local hairdressers....she has cards in my studio, but if mobile you could offer a free set of nails.

Yellow pages has been OK....but a lot better since I upgraded my advert to more than just one line. the money I've had back from it paid for itself in a month or two.

I also put up a couple of treatments as raffle prizes in local charity fund-raising events, on the basis of being able to put my cards out at them.....one person never even claimed their prize, yet in the last 2 weeks I've had 6 new customers from that alone.

And rather sadly, I'm just a card tart....I give my business card out to anyone and everyone. if I go for lunch somehwere I pay and give them a few cards...ask if they can pass them around. Invariably these places, as you are a customer of theirs, will put your cards out. I paid about £50 to get 5000 cards printed from Vistaprint, and that seems like a lot of cards, but think about it this way....it only takes 2 or 3 customers to pay for it, and if you are scrimping and saving where you give your cards too (I know quite a lot of peopole go for the 200 free ones) you''ll not get much back then.

I even give cards to the (female!) assistants on the checkouts at the supermarkets.....they usually keep their nails short for work but love a nice set if they have a function coming up!

Do the best nails in town and ASK your clients to tell their friends.

Agree with Geeg, do a good set of nails or a good treatment and let the client do the walking and talking for you. I started mobile last year and thats how my client base has become established. Good luckx

Latest posts

Back