Bikini wax complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have just had a phone call from a client complaining that her bikini line isn't straight.

I am self employed in a hair salon and she came in yesterday and I had that feeling something would come back from it because she was arguing with me before about bleaching up her eyebrows using the salons hair products because I was saying I couldn't do that. So I knew she had an attitude you know?

Anyway it was a g string wax I would say, but I didn't know how much she wanted off because she kept saying on the phone it wasn't much as she had been lasered. So she kept her underwear on and moved them to what she wanted me to take off, on hindsight I should have asked her to remove them as I find it difficult to see what's left when they keep their underwear on for anything more than a basic or high leg. Anyway she moved her pants to what she wanted off and I took it off, at one point I said I think you've moved this too far over down here and she said oh just take it off. So I did. Then she's phoning up to say they aren't straight. I asked her to check at the end but on the phone she said she couldn't see properly because I have no mirror in my room (which I do). In hindsight I should have moved her underwear right out the way and had a good look it was straight but she was kind of intimidating you know? Because I had met her previously and knew her attitude I just knew she would have something negative to say.

Anyway in the time I wrote this she phoned me up and said she's had to book somewhere else to get it sorted because she goes on holiday tomorrow. So I offered her a refund, I thought it's worth it to stop her complaint and I couldn't fix it before her holiday either.

So what I'm saying is should I have done anything differently?

Oh she was also asking about brazilians and how I do them so I was telling her and then on the phone she was saying she thinks it's the way I was waxing which is why they weren't straight. But it's because I couldn't see what was left because of her underwear and she was moving her pants out the way to show me what to take off.

I just feel a bit crap as its my first complaint but I do find this type of waxing difficult when the client wears underwear so I will ask them to remove it in the future. She said on the phone I should have asked her to remove it, but she's never had to do that before. Ahh hindsight is a great thing.

It sounds like you already know what to do if this ever happens again :) don't ever let them take control.
Sorry it's happened, what a mare! X

It sounds like you already know what to do if this ever happens again :) don't ever let them take control.
Sorry it's happened, what a mare! X

Yeah definetly. From now on the treatment will be done my way and that's it, I just thought because she moved her underwear to what she wanted off she knew what we were taking off you know? I'm just annoyed at myself really as I could have fixed this yesterday. But I did know she would be a nightmare aswell. Ah well, you live and learn.

This is why I won't wax them with pant on, disposable or not. If they don't want to remove them then I won't do them because, in my long experience, they are the ones that cause the trouble!

I always check that they are happy before they leave and make them say so too. Fortunately most clients are dolls but just one like this leaves a nasty taste!

Regarding the refund, I would ask her for the receipt from the other salon before refunding. I wouldn't have refunded myself but as you have said you will I would insist on the receipt from the other salon. I doubt she will be able to provide one!:wink2:

Sheila I am going to be doing the same, for this type of wax I will be asking to remove knickers. I usually do, but because she had an attitude she was making me nervous and I just went along with what she was doing.

You know, I know I shouldn't have offered to refund but there is nothing else I could have offered her to make her happy. And that is a very good point about the receipt. Thank you, I value your opinion.

And I did check she was happy and she was, untill she got home and had a good look in the mirror.

Can I also ask how you would have dealt with her? What would you have offered her? As she is going on holiday tomorrow and I can't fix it before then? So what could I have done differently?

Can I also ask how you would have dealt with her?

I would have offered her a free wax on her return from holiday and removed the wax MUCH slower next time! LOL

Probably doesn't help but will hopefully make you smile. xx

Sounds like one of those nightmare clients. If it hadn't been this, it would have been something else.

You can't turn back time so there isn't much you could have done to put things right.

By making sure they are happy before they leave and always say 'are you sure'? It makes it very difficult for them to complain about something like this later. Never offer a refund without seeing what the problem is and if they say they have had to go to another salon then tell them to get a receipt from the salon before you give them a refund.

Giving a refund will not ensure that she doesn't bad mouth you, believe me! Some people now wander from salon to salon complaining and getting their money back so never pay for a treatment!

All of these things teach us a lesson. The biggest lesson to learn is that you do not have to have anyone in your salon who you feel intimidated by. It is your business and you don't have to treat people you don't want to. Make your own rules and stick by them. As long as you do it in a professional and safe way then you will be fine and will earn respect from the majority of your clients.

Don't stress about it too much though my darling, she is not worth the worry. If you are going to refund her then do so and move on. IN 6 months time you won't even remember who she is. :wink2:

I would have offered her a free wax on her return from holiday and removed the wax MUCH slower next time! LOL

Probably doesn't help but will hopefully make you smile. xx

Sounds like one of those nightmare clients. If it hadn't been this, it would have been something else.

Haha I felt like it lol! I know, I think that's just what she was like, I won't stress about it.

You can't turn back time so there isn't much you could have done to put things right.

By making sure they are happy before they leave and always say 'are you sure'? It makes it very difficult for them to complain about something like this later. Never offer a refund without seeing what the problem is and if they say they have had to go to another salon then tell them to get a receipt from the salon before you give them a refund.

Giving a refund will not ensure that she doesn't bad mouth you, believe me! Some people now wander from salon to salon complaining and getting their money back so never pay for a treatment!

All of these things teach us a lesson. The biggest lesson to learn is that you do not have to have anyone in your salon who you feel intimidated by. It is your business and you don't have to treat people you don't want to. Make your own rules and stick by them. As long as you do it in a professional and safe way then you will be fine and will earn respect from the majority of your clients.

Don't stress about it too much though my darling, she is not worth the worry. If you are going to refund her then do so and move on. IN 6 months time you won't even remember who she is. :wink2:

Thank you for your input :).

I won't allow this to happen again. I'm taking charge haha!

And I know she will maybe still bad mouth me but I just won't book her again, she is hard work!

Anyway in the time I wrote this she phoned me up and said she's had to book somewhere else to get it sorted because she goes on holiday tomorrow. So I offered her a refund, I thought it's worth it to stop her complaint and I couldn't fix it before her holiday either.

So what I'm saying is should I have done anything differently?
Which was exactly what she had planned to do. Con merchant! I actually think that salons should start keeping a shared (but confidential) list of these clients as they're out for a freebie.

What's happened Lolly is she's tried to intimidate you by complaining and questioning you when she walked in. She's probably got her lashes, spray tan etc done all for free for her hols this way.

Going back to what you should have done. NEVER ask your client if their waxing is ok; that's what they are paying you for. That's your job. If she insisted on keeping her knickers on, then you should have pulled them in tight to make sure that both sides were even and you should take your time to inspect your work.:hug:

Which was exactly what she had planned to do. Con merchant! I actually think that salons should start keeping a shared (but confidential) list of these clients as they're out for a freebie.

What's happened Lolly is she's tried to intimidate you by complaining and questioning you when she walked in. She's probably got her lashes, spray tan etc done all for free for her hols this way.

Going back to what you should have done. NEVER ask your client if their waxing is ok; that's what they are paying you for. That's your job. If she insisted on keeping her knickers on, then you should have pulled them in tight to make sure that both sides were even and you should take your time to inspect your work.:hug:

Kim I know all this now, but you know what it's like when they want to be professional clients and say oh I'll just hold them here. I just need to be more firm in the future and I will be.

Thank you ladies for your help.

I felt like saying its a bikini line love, does it really matter if if isnt straight? Bloody hell lol!

I felt like saying its a bikini line love, does it really matter if if isnt straight? Bloody hell lol!
Lol……….but Yes, it does matter Lolly. If she wanted a wonky bikini line, she would have done it herself at home and not paid a pro. :Kissing:

Lol……….but Yes, it does matter Lolly. If she wanted a wonky bikini line, she would have done it herself at home and not paid a pro. :Kissing:

LOL! True, I was making a wee joke.

No I totally understand and I let the fact that she was a bit intimidating overrule my normal work ethics. But I won't do that again :).

Completely agree!
You know the try it on people straight away.
I would much prefer a therapist to take charge if I visited them as it would put me more at ease in that they know what they are doing.

If she's had later what is she having waxing for?

For future, any complaint be it waxing, tinting or anything else you offer must come into the salon (fit them in after closing that day if needs be but it must be the day they call) that day so you can see with your own eyes what's wrong and take it from there. I run a no refund policy, I offer a re-do, if they don't like it its not my problem. If they go elsewhere before I get an opportunity to rectify I assume it as my work and that they didn't go elsewhere regardless of receipts because their friend could have gone to that salon that day and anyone can biro in that they repaired a job afterwards.

Don't let her get to you and
Hope she gets sunburn on her over waxed areas haha xoxo

Completely agree!
You know the try it on people straight away.
I would much prefer a therapist to take charge if I visited them as it would put me more at ease in that they know what they are doing.

If she's had later what is she having waxing for?

For future, any complaint be it waxing, tinting or anything else you offer must come into the salon (fit them in after closing that day if needs be but it must be the day they call) that day so you can see with your own eyes what's wrong and take it from there. I run a no refund policy, I offer a re-do, if they don't like it its not my problem. If they go elsewhere before I get an opportunity to rectify I assume it as my work and that they didn't go elsewhere regardless of receipts because their friend could have gone to that salon that day and anyone can biro in that they repaired a job afterwards.

Don't let her get to you and
Hope she gets sunburn on her over waxed areas haha xoxo

Thanks tomme. It's not that I don't know what I'm doing, obviously I do. But she was a bit intimidating as I have said already and I clearly let that get to me. She moved her pants to what she wanted me to take off and I did, then she checked it umpteen times and said it was fine. So I assumed it would be fine as she checked it herself.

Anyway I've learnt a lesson from this at least :)

Oh and she wanted waxed because the line wasnt straight in her bikini after having laser many years ago. Go figure?

Oh and she wanted waxed because the line wasnt straight in her bikini after having laser many years ago. Go figure?

Lol. Maybe she just has wonkey privates xoxo

This is so true, Kim. We have to be extra vigilant these days as clients are becoming more and more unscrupulous when it comes to trying to get something for nothing or haggle you down.

Latest posts

Back