bikini waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ok firstly i have waxed myself before:eek: using veet small waxing strips not too bad, was painful but biting on a pencil did help a little LOL, although i do think it was painful due to my lack of experiance.

Anyway i have now decided my little trip to dublin for the weekend will require a new style down below but i really don't want to do a DIY job but i'm really quite a shy person and finding it very hard to pluck up the courage to book a appointment. i'm pretty sure the pain will be less than what i put myself through the last time and sure it will be done within the hour unlike last time when i spread the waxing out over a couple of days LOL !!

has anyone else been in the situation before?

does anyone know of a good salon in the wolverhampton area?

also how long does it take for the skin to settle down? how long before a holiday should it be done?

also sorry i have to ask how long do you need to be down there?:o

thank you any advise would be great

Hi all,
Ok firstly i have waxed myself before:eek: using veet small waxing strips not too bad, was painful but biting on a pencil did help a little LOL, although i do think it was painful due to my lack of experiance.

Anyway i have now decided my little trip to dublin for the weekend will require a new style down below but i really don't want to do a DIY job but i'm really quite a shy person and finding it very hard to pluck up the courage to book a appointment. i'm pretty sure the pain will be less than what i put myself through the last time and sure it will be done within the hour unlike last time when i spread the waxing out over a couple of days LOL !!

has anyone else been in the situation before?

does anyone know of a good salon in the wolverhampton area?

also how long does it take for the skin to settle down? how long before a holiday should it be done?

also sorry i have to ask how long do you need to be down there?:o

thank you any advise would be great

your first bikin wax by another person is always emarasssing, but the therapsit will have done loads before and honestly we don't even see it for what it is! To us it's just unwanted hair that needs removing! So don't worry!!

In reguards as to how long it takes that would depend entirly on the type of bikini wax and the type of wax they use. For instance, a basic bikini wax with strip wax will take 5-10 mins, maybe less. A brazilian with strip wax could take anything from 15-30 mins depending on the speed of your therapist, but if it's done with hot wax it would probably take a little bit longer.

It can stay red from anything from 10 mins to 10 hours!! Depends on your skin, everybody is different. Personally i would have a bikini wax done at least 1 day before my holiday. Make sure you don't wear tight fitting underwear and don't have any hot baths/showers or go in any saunas/sunbeds for 24 hours after waxing as this could irritate it further.

HTHs xx

thank you so much for your reply.
i feel really silly i don't get worried going for check ups and all that stuff we have to do regarding down there so not sure why i should be now i think alot is to do with the pain.

i read that you need to let the hair grow a little before going or it will be harder to wax?? is this true and if so how long is long?

thank once again

p.s any salon suggestions or tips on how to spot a butchers from a take care salon.
just worred i'll look like a plucked chicken with bruises lol !:lol:

Your hair needs to be about a quarter of an inch long or a little longer for waxing, if i was you i would pm axiom on here, he is man in the know with waxing and may have trained someone in your area hth

dont worry once uve had it done once you'll wonder what all the fuss was about, hey if it makes you feel any better I've got a art nude photo shoot tomorrow (yes I am the model lol) so dont sweat it henny. Oh and I am usually all red well pink and bumpy for about 24hrs so definitly get it done at least 1 day before your holiday. :hug: hug for courage x

Latest posts

Back