Billion dollar brow-Carlton Institute

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Ive had an generic email about my course, it says my nails need to be short & free from varnish/extensions... I was going to re do my Bio tomorrow, which I probably still will just maybe do a clear overlay otherwise my lovely long nails will break. I really don't want to cut them :( Its my birthday week & I have lots of events planned thur/fri/sat.

How strict are they?

I offer bio nails, waxing (wearing gloves), & tanning so they don't effect my work like if I was going on a massage/facial course.

Xx

Bump...

Ive rang them today but they are closed until monday, the day of my course! Xx

I guess it depends on how long they are.If there is a lot of free edge then yes you should take them down no beauty therapist should have talons at any time.
Then you could put one layer of bio on and buff it over a bit so it looks natural

I haven't done Billion Dollar Brows, but I've done other courses with Carlton Institute. They did talk a lot about short nails and no varnish for hygiene reasons but some of the girls had varnish on (gel I think). I think it would be better for you not to have varnish and to have short nails, but unless you are being examined, you probably would be alright. Could you go a bit earlier, go with long nails, but take scissors/files etc with you. Have a word with them at the start, explaining that you know the reasons why but wondered if you could wear gloves or something instead and see what they say.
These days lots of therapists have long, polished nails so they can show them off to clients and with gel polish there is less risk of chipping and flaking, so less of a hygiene issue.
Hope you enjoy the course.

Thank you, no they aren't talons just a lovely almond shape. Yes think il do a clear overlay, varnish over the top then I can remove the colour for the course. Ive spoke to BDB HQ & they wouldnt have had a problem with bio on the nails, but I'm training through C.I :( xx

I haven't done Billion Dollar Brows, but I've done other courses with Carlton Institute. They did talk a lot about short nails and no varnish for hygiene reasons but some of the girls had varnish on (gel I think). I think it would be better for you not to have varnish and to have short nails, but unless you are being examined, you probably would be alright. Could you go a bit earlier, go with long nails, but take scissors/files etc with you. Have a word with them at the start, explaining that you know the reasons why but wondered if you could wear gloves or something instead and see what they say.
These days lots of therapists have long, polished nails so they can show them off to clients and with gel polish there is less risk of chipping and flaking, so less of a hygiene issue.
Hope you enjoy the course.

Thank you, yes think its best to be prepared to cut them if I need too. I completely understand if it would effect my treatment... Although I do wax & tint brows no problem with Bio on a regular basis. Xx

If they are following Habia advice you should wear gloves most of the time anyway as you are waxing.My daughter does BDB and wears gloves throughout the whole treatment from start to finish.This is a personal preference as she suffers with eczema as well as from a hygiene point of view.If you wish to do the same,setting your own standards, take some gloves with you just in case they don't provide them.

I'm doing a course on Monday and asked about this and they said that we're not allowed anything on them and that they will refuse to train us if we do and we would have to rebook training day with an additional charge :/ I took mine off for weekend :(

I'm doing a course on Monday and asked about this and they said that we're not allowed anything on them and that they will refuse to train us if we do and we would have to rebook training day with an additional charge :/ I took mine off for weekend :(

Yes thats what it said in the email, but wasn't specific for BDB, (facials/massage etc I understand) as it also states no eyelashes, no waxing for 2 weeks (sent 3 days before?! But again I take my own interpretation thats not everywhere just my eyebrows for this course!) that I must do a patch test but I doesn't say what tint they use?! So Il be taking my own. Xx

Gillian- yes waxing & tinting I wear gloves anyway, but great advice to take my own :) xx

Yes thats what it said in the email, but wasn't specific for BDB, (facials/massage etc I understand) as it also states no eyelashes, no waxing for 2 weeks (sent 3 days before?! But again I take my own interpretation thats not everywhere just my eyebrows for this course!) that I must do a patch test but I doesn't say what tint they use?! So Il be taking my own. Xx

Gillian- yes waxing & tinting I wear gloves anyway, but great advice to take my own :) xx

Hiya im doing this course on the 6th February and I phone them bout the patch test and they said "for me to go in to a salon and ask them to do patch test on me" xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya im doing this course on the 6th February and I phone them bout the patch test and they said "for me to go in to a salon and ask them to do patch test on me" xxx

You had better go to one that does BDB then,as they use Yumi and its hard to get hold of.
This is odd really because from an insurers point of view they wouldn't be covered if you have a reaction, as they always say test Everytime you change tint or even before every tint nowadays.
I certainly don't think they would honour a claim from a patch test done from another salon not using the same brand of tint.

I thought that xxx

Ive done various course with them while i offered gel,as long as they were neat and tidy there was no problem, only once did i get it mentioned and i explained i offered gels so had them on at all times to showcase my work, they were fine x

You had better go to one that does BDB then,as they use Yumi and its hard to get hold of.
This is odd really because from an insurers point of view they wouldn't be covered if you have a reaction, as they always say test Everytime you change tint or even before every tint nowadays.
I certainly don't think they would honour a claim from a patch test done from another salon not using the same brand of tint.

This is the reason im taking my own tint :) xx

Ive done various course with them while i offered gel,as long as they were neat and tidy there was no problem, only once did i get it mentioned and i explained i offered gels so had them on at all times to showcase my work, they were fine x

Hopefully as ive just done a clear overlay they wont notice :) xx

Just to add I ❤️ my billion dollar brows... Im not yet qualifed we have to send case studies in, so best get practising! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390853685.836118.jpg

How did you fine the course and are you pls you done it xxx

Yes, it was great! Really enjoyed it & SO happy with my brows. Only one thing that is disappointing (& not so shocking seen as its not tattooing) is just the need to retail to maintain the brows. I HATE 'selling' it just isn't my thing, but the results speak for themselves... Il add a pic of one brow 'done' (as above) & one brow tinted, shaped etc but without the make up/finishing products. Xx

Latest posts

Back