bio and calgel products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi there

have any of you ever had any bad experiences using another make of polish on calgel and bio gel? ie, revlon, ect

also, have any of you had any experience with other makes of top and base coats with these two gels. the reason I ask is I have some clients who when at home apply what ever polish they have and when it comes to base and top coats they use left overs or new ones ( salon product thouh ) but not the correct bio or calgel ones deping on what they are wearing. I have advised them to always use the correct products. any feedback?

The only problem I have is when clients try to use otc nail stengtheners (Sally Hansen mainly) as they are a nightnmare to get off when doing Bio infills.

Never had a problem when a client uses any other polishes though.

I find if clients use non-Bio nail polish on top of Bio then remove it, it often dulls the finish a little....even if they use the correct Bio polish remover.

I always use the Bio top coat and recommend they do too....on my client record form, it has a disclaimer that no responsibility can be taken if anything other than the recommended aftercare products or the range polishes are used.

I've no bad experiences to report with varnishes (other than Bio) being used over Bio gels. However, I have found that alternative top coats tend to "crack" whereas the Bio top coats do not.

BTW, if you are using a Bio varnish, you can apply it directly onto the gel followed by the Bio top coat, but if you are applying any other make varnish, be sure to apply it after the Bio top coat ... does that make sense?

I've no bad experiences to report with varnishes (other than Bio) being used over Bio gels. However, I have found that alternative top coats tend to "crack" whereas the Bio top coats do not.

BTW, if you are using a Bio varnish, you can apply it directly onto the gel followed by the Bio top coat, but if you are applying any other make varnish, be sure to apply it after the Bio top coat ... does that make sense?

hi, yes, it makes sense, thank you

my once client says when she removed her polish the gel was a bit sticky?? any advice

my once client says when she removed her polish the gel was a bit sticky?? any advice

I would guess that she possibly used Acetone based polish remover...

I would guess that she possibly used Acetone based polish remover...

me too !

Stickey (and dull) means she use something it doesnt like.....presumably the polish remover containing acetone

Latest posts

Back