bio ripping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica brooks

Reaction score
Hi,
Another bio query!!

I had a client on tuesday who had bio extentions using silk.
I saw her yesterday and the gel had lifted where i had put the silk onto the nail.
I replaced it yesterday and she has come back today and the same nail has lifted in the same place. I have agreed to go round tonight and re-do it, its obviously something that i am doing as its the same nail in the same place.

I asked to her to let me know if she gets any problems as im learning and want to look at it and find out where its going wrong, so im grateful to her for showing me, but i really want to get it right tonight as i dont want her to get fed up with me keep going to her house and using her time!! Im worried she is just going to tell me to 'forget it' and she is going to go and tell everyone how rubbish i am!!
She is really pleased with all the others, they havent lifted at all, she loves how they feel so natural and the look of them and im hoping she is going to become a regular client so i really want to impress her!!
I prepped extra good when i went back the second time so its not my prep, im wondering if i havent saturated the silk enough.
Im using clear gel on the whole nail, putting the silk on half way down her natural nail and curing for two minutes, putting sculpting gel over the whole piece of silk, curing for two mins and then going ahead with white and pink!

HELP!!!!:D

jessica brooks said:
Hi,
Another bio query!!

I had a client on tuesday who had bio extentions using silk.
I saw her yesterday and the gel had lifted where i had put the silk onto the nail.
I replaced it yesterday and she has come back today and the same nail has lifted in the same place. I have agreed to go round tonight and re-do it, its obviously something that i am doing as its the same nail in the same place.

I asked to her to let me know if she gets any problems as im learning and want to look at it and find out where its going wrong, so im grateful to her for showing me, but i really want to get it right tonight as i dont want her to get fed up with me keep going to her house and using her time!! Im worried she is just going to tell me to 'forget it' and she is going to go and tell everyone how rubbish i am!!
She is really pleased with all the others, they havent lifted at all, she loves how they feel so natural and the look of them and im hoping she is going to become a regular client so i really want to impress her!!
I prepped extra good when i went back the second time so its not my prep, im wondering if i havent saturated the silk enough.
Im using clear gel on the whole nail, putting the silk on half way down her natural nail and curing for two minutes, putting sculpting gel over the whole piece of silk, curing for two mins and then going ahead with white and pink!

HELP!!!!:D

i dont sculpt with silk way too fiddley! are you clipping the sides with side nippers and maybe leaving a 'grove' or a peice of stray silk that she can pick at?

Not much help am i !

sorry

amb x

Use S-gel as a second layer of gel and you will see the difference. The nail will be much stronger...

Hi Jessica

Give your trainer a ring and explain to her what's been happening, they are usually very helpful if you get stuck.

Regards
Deb379

Thanks guys!
I did it last night and really saturated the silk - it was fine this morning!
Definatly putting 's' gel on my xmas list - it sounds like its going to be the answer to pretty much all of my problems!!

Latest posts

Back