Bio Sculpture gel or Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I've been to Manchester today and going again tomorrow, my daughter is wanting to train in either bio sculpture gel or Calgel, the bio stand was very busy so didn't have chance to speak to anyone there although I got some leaflets from Calgel, now j think both are pretty similar systems and where I am bio seems to be more well known by the public.

What I'm wondering is what are your opinions and I'm going to try and research tonight and make the purchase tomorrow.

Are there plenty of colours in both systems?
Can you extend by tip and sculpt with both?
Are there matching nail polishes with both?
Do you get the same amount if products in each starter package?
Which is the best value ?
Should I pay tge extra as bio is dearer for the start up package or is Calgel just as good?

Lots of questions I know, but I was just hoping someone would share their opinions before I invest.

Ruth x

Anyone? Any info or preferences would bd much appreciated. :)

There is plenty of info here on the site re both systems. A search would be a good suggestion. If I only had the choice of one of the 2 I would go for Bio ... but I use CND so I do not need either.

Can you do enhancements with bio sculpture?

You certainly can, tip and overlay and sculpture

Last edited:
Thank you and sorry to hijack your thread x

i do bio sculpture and people do know the name and do ring up asking for it.

I have used bio for 4yrs, i havent used calgel myself but have had clients who have had it and i do know a little about it and i would say that they are not similar so deffinetly look into a little more :)

As for your questions i can only comment for bio but..
.. Yes bio has hundreds of colours.
.. Yes you can use tips and also sculpt nails.
.. Yes every colour comes in a matching nail polish.
.. I dont know if you get the same amount of products in the starter pack but you really do get everything you need with the bio kit inlcuding gel and lamp and loads more.
.. I dont know which is best value but i do feel bio sculps kit is good value for what you get.
.. I think personally more people request and have heard of bio, certainly in my area anyway.

I hope that gives you a little bit of help with the bio sculpture side of things, ive converted a few clients over from bio sculpture and there nails have really improved.
I do agree with geeg though, you should look into other brands too, including CND.. As my only critism of bio would be that my experience of training was not brilliant, and i hear that CND training is really really good!!

Good luck with whatever you choose :) x

Latest posts

Back