Bio sculpture issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
Help!!
I've been bio trained for 2 years and am LOVING it. Best system in my opinion!

Anyway- I have a new-ish client who has been having colour NNO, with zero issues. Two days ago we did a soak off and applied a French NNO. By the end of that day some gel had gone "soft" and peeled off. This happened on both of her thumbs. I fixed them both but today she came back to my salon with another peeled off thumb.

The only different product that I've used has been the UV top coat.

Any suggestions? Shes not on any medication, and as I said had no troubles with colour. I've replaced the bulbs in both of my lamps this week.

Have you used this different UV top coat on other clients without any problems, or is this the first time you've used the UV top coat at all?

I remember experimenting once using a different non-UV top coat when I'd run out of Bio top coat, but this resulted in crazy paving/surface cracking. Needless to say, I quickly went back to using Bio and have stuck with it ever since.

Have you used this different UV top coat on other clients without any problems, or is this the first time you've used the UV top coat at all?

I remember experimenting once using a different non-UV top coat when I'd run out of Bio top coat, but this resulted in crazy paving/surface cracking. Needless to say, I quickly went back to using Bio and have stuck with it ever since.

No I only use bio products with bio, as I dont want to come into any issues. This was about the 5th person I've used it on, but I only got it in last week so I have no idea if other clients have had any issues yet.

What's NNO?
Do you use a separate brush for the bio top coat? We were told that if y don't the top coat gets contaminated.

No I only use bio products with bio, as I dont want to come into any issues. This was about the 5th person I've used it on, but I only got it in last week so I have no idea if other clients have had any issues yet.

So the UV top coat you're using is a Bio UV top coat? If that's the case, then I would suggest speaking to your educator. Perhaps you have one of a faulty batch?

What's NNO?
Do you use a separate brush for the bio top coat? We were told that if y don't the top coat gets contaminated.

NNO = natural nail overlay.

Perhaps the training instructions have changed. I use, and have always used, the same brush for all my layers (colour or not, wiping in between of course). In fact, I am still using my original brush which is now some 6 years old!

So the UV top coat you're using is a Bio UV top coat? If that's the case, then I would suggest speaking to your educator. Perhaps you have one of a faulty batch?

NNO = natural nail overlay.

Perhaps the training instructions have changed. I use, and have always used, the same brush for all my layers (colour or not, wiping in between of course). In fact, I am still using my original brush which is now some 6 years old!

Yes sorry I'm using the Bio UV top coat. I contacted my trainer over this issue, her employee (trainer was away) hadnt heard of it before. Im calling again tomorrow.

I use the same brush for all too.

I imagine you are talking about uV gel coat and not top coat? Just to confuse any issue.

I use UV gel coat frequently and don't have any of the issues you mentioned. Perhaps it is contaminated, but for all the gel to go soft like that, I'm guessing that something else has affected it. Are you sure your bulbs are up to the job? Do they need changing?

Or...and this is my guess.....she went away did something, perhaps unwittingly, that stopped the continual cure of the gel in the first few hours. Gel continues to cure for 24-48 hours after being first applied and very occasional, things like excess heat have been known to interuppt and in some cases reverse that cure.

I imagine you are talking about uV gel coat and not top coat? Just to confuse any issue.

I use UV gel coat frequently and don't have any of the issues you mentioned. Perhaps it is contaminated, but for all the gel to go soft like that, I'm guessing that something else has affected it. Are you sure your bulbs are up to the job? Do they need changing?

Or...and this is my guess.....she went away did something, perhaps unwittingly, that stopped the continual cure of the gel in the first few hours. Gel continues to cure for 24-48 hours after being first applied and very occasional, things like excess heat have been known to interuppt and in some cases reverse that cure.

Zingara, I've been using this product for nearly 8 years and I have never heard of this but it is very interesting!!!

Did you find this out with your own research or is this info passed on by BS that has escaped me.

How would you advise clients regarding this when they leave your salon so that I can inform my clients also.

Thank you.

Jacqui xx

Are you sure your client didn't use anything or put her hands in any chemicals?

My original post said I changed my bulbs last week. They have been used daily since and no other issues. She swore she did nothing out of the ordinary as she was going away overnight.
The Uv gel was brand new, she was my 5th (or so) client to use it on (myself included)

Are you sure your client didn't use anything or put her hands in any chemicals?
She has insisted she didnt use anything/

Latest posts

Back