Bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliexx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For a long time now i have wanted to learn to do bio sculpture nails and have recently been looking at courses and costs. I contacted my local Bio sculpture technician and she said it will cost me £825 incl my kit.

However i was talking to my step-mum about it who is a bio-sculpture technician and she said that she could teach me and she would ask her clients to let me use them as my models as of no charge and she could teach me for as long as i felt comfortable doing it on my own. However is this illegal? ...

not illeagal, but not advisable.
also biosculpture will not supply you with ptoduct unless you take their training so you'll have to get it through your contact every time you want something.
as well as that if your step mum is not an experienced trainer, she wont be the best person to teach you.

additionally, i would suggest you contact biosculpture directly through their website to get the quote on training costs.

Shes been doing it for a couple of years now, and has already taught her daughter. I think i will be ok learning with her as atleast i can keep going back over what im unsure on as much as i want. I just wanted to know wether this was allowed or not.
:)

thats what i did and they give me the email address of there local distributor. She is the one that has given me the quote of £825....

additionally, i would suggest you contact biosculpture directly through their website to get the quote on training costs.

Shes been doing it for a couple of years now, and has already taught her daughter. I think i will be ok learning with her as atleast i can keep going back over what im unsure on as much as i want. I just wanted to know wether this was allowed or not.
:)

but you wont get any form of qualification. your problem will be that you wont have official training and will not be able to get any employment with a non existent certificate.

i think it would be best if you do the official training and then gain more experience with your step mum .

it could be awkward getting supplies through a go between all the time.
you'll never be able to establish a business in your own right.

thats what i did and they give me the email address of there local distributor. She is the one that has given me the quote of £825....

so you dont have any existing qualifications then.
training with any decent company for a recognised certificate will be aproximately this cost. good training is not cheap.
if you dont get proper training you wont be able to get insurance you need to work on members of the public.

What im going to find hard is i work mon-fri 9-6 and the course is 6 weeks long.

3 full tuesdays and 1 half day plus 6weeks later my assesment. I dont know how im going to get the time off work to do this, i have entitlement to holiday but because its 1 day a week for 4weeks i dont know if they would let me do it.

Eventually i want to have done waxing,massage etc so i need a job to save to do all these courses.

yes, its difficult. but there is no substitute for proper training as you wont be able to get insurance to work on people if you dont have an official certificate.

one possibility would be to take basic training from another company who could offer more convenient dates and then do the biosculpture conversion course for people who already have basic training that takes 1 day and 1/2 a day for assesment.

could you recommend any training centres?

Im just so confused at the moment, it really is what i want to do but im starting to think maybe its just not possible for me.

Ive done the biosculpture training last summer. The course is not 6 weeks long, well the one i did certainly wasnt. I went for two training days approximatly a month apart and then back for the assessment. Im sure it also is required that you have a basic knowledge of the nail and lastly, i didnt pay £825, (unless the price has gone up???)
i just bought the starter kit and got the training free.

As im starting from scratch they have said that is how much it will be.

Thats why im confused, certain people are saying that is to much and others are saying thats about right.

when i did the training a few years ago the cost was not far off from that, i had to buy a manicure training day, a tip day course and the gel course that you got a starter kit with and your assessment

but you also need to buy alot of extras; colour gels, polishes, extra solutions, wipes etc to start up, you need at least £1,500 id say to get a decent stock and your training! you get very little in the starter kit

also when i did my training im pretty sure i had to sign something to say i wouldnt train anyone else!! so im pretty sure your step mum will be in violation of her contract with bio sculpture and you also arnt allowed to buy gels for anyone else who isnt qualified

hope that helps

Starting up in the beauty & nail industry isnt cheap. You will have a big outlay to start with, but it will pay off in the end if you decide to persue it as a career.

As you haven't got any previous qualifications for nails, Bio sculpture require you to do manicure & tip application course before training in the gel, and they offer all of this. That is probably where £825 is coming from, if your unsure ask them to break down the cost for you so you can see how your getting to thst figure, but to be honest is sounds right. When i done my gel training with them about 3 years ago, it was only a day course but i do know that now its over 2.

Since doing all my training, ive probably spent about £4000 on all my training and that doesnt include kits etc, but i look back now and its all been worth it and im still spending on courses etc now, it never stops.

Hi everyone,

For a long time now i have wanted to learn to do bio sculpture nails and have recently been looking at courses and costs. I contacted my local Bio sculpture technician and she said it will cost me £825 incl my kit.

However i was talking to my step-mum about it who is a bio-sculpture technician and she said that she could teach me and she would ask her clients to let me use them as my models as of no charge and she could teach me for as long as i felt comfortable doing it on my own. However is this illegal? ...

As has been said, this is a bad road to go down, regardless of how tempting it might seem.

Apart from not being properly train or accredited, you won't be able to get proper insurance either!

It hasn't been easy for any of us and we have all made various sacrifices in order to do the training we want.

I see that your in Watford, the same as me.
Call Bio Sculpture Radlett on 01923 855079 and speak to one of the girls there, they are all really helpful and will answer anything for you.

Hi Guys,

I have just joined Salon Geek and I was hoping you could help me...I have been interested in doing a course in Bio Sculpture, the course is next month (july) I have been reading all your coments, and on various other pages. I just wanted to get everyones opinion on the product???? would really appriciate it as i have to put my name down on the cousre quite soon and i dont know what do to do. Anyone who is qualified in bio sculpture could you tell me is it expensive to keep buying the products and is it all worth it??

Thank you so much

xxxxxxxx:)

bio sculpture is one of the most expensive products on the market and its quite a big investment if you want to be able to attract clients by offering a wide range of colours. however you can make it pay if you work hard to be very good at your job and charge enough to be able to make a profit.

Latest posts

Back