bio sculptures and smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemheart

Reaction score
i seem to be having a problem when i do sculptures on smokers they seem only to be lasting a couple of days and i dont no what im doing wrong, as normally my sculptures last at least two weeks. and ive been using s-gel which is ment to be better for people who smoke.
please help!! starting to think im going mad!

I find smokers often have more oily nail plates than non-smokers, so your prep has to be meticulous. Although Bio doesn't normally like scrubfresh, I tend to scrubfrsh first (to dehydrate slightly) and then wipe with Bio sanitiser (all after removing the shine gently)

I also use S-gel, but thats really to stop yellowing. I still sculpt with the sculpting gel and silk and seal with S-gel (although I'm on a sculpting workshop with Bio tomorrow - so I'll see what they have to say!) and I must admit I haven't had any sculpts come off in 2 days.

Sure you'll sort it...but I'll ask tomorrow anyway!

thank you!! will be much appreciated! x

Asked about his at Bio Sculpture yesterday and they concurred with me really....just that you need to prep quite well.

We were shown 4 ways to sculpt on the workshop - none of them the same as when i originally trained and I was most impressed at the strength of the sculpts with a couple of them....what method are you using? Forms? Silk? Both? And do you use both Sculpting gel and S-Gel?

i seem to be having a problem when i do sculptures on smokers they seem only to be lasting a couple of days and i dont no what im doing wrong, as normally my sculptures last at least two weeks. and ive been using s-gel which is ment to be better for people who smoke.
please help!! starting to think im going mad!

my mum smokes like a trooper:irked: and her nails last ages and ages no probs.

She also is terrible for not using gloves and she has her hands in neat bleach and cleaning products ALL THE TIME.

Is it only one client or a few?

weirdly it has only been a few and the other thing is nno stay on fine on these particular clients

i use forms and silk, and again sculpting gel and s-gel. sculpts on everyone else last fine, and even on myself and ill be honest i dont treat mine with much respect!

guess ill just have to keep trying and make sure i prep really well. and might try scrubfresh as suggested.

thank you for asking!

i know this could be hard to explain but what new ways did you learn?

i know this could be hard to explain but what new ways did you learn?

Sculpting without forms - using silk and a double silk method. Particularly like the double silk method, but you need to pinch slightly.

And sculpting without silk...had seen them in the new technician manual, but hadn't seen them demonstrated and done them under tuition. I'm glad I did as my method much improved throughout the day yesterday and I can now see much more what to use when...if that makes sense!

Are they smoking DURING application? That might botch things up?(someone here once posted that it did affect application PARTICULARLY during prep) If they are, suggest they don't smoke during application (which is a really bad idea anyway) and see if that changes things.

But to be honest, when doing my own (since I'm sitting there for 3hrs :lol: ), I often have a smoke off to the side.. and I never experience any lifting issues myself. Nor yellowing.

Maybe it's a brand thing? Tossing ideas around in the dark.

hth's

Latest posts

Back