Bio Sculpture's new LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the LED lamp but after a lot of lifting problems have lost confidence in it and put it in the back of the cupboard. I just use it on myself these days and am still unhappy with the results. If I do the coats thin I find I am having to do more coats to get the right colour density and sometimes you can see the brush marks. The nails also don't feel strong enough. If I do a thicker coat it feels under cured. I must admit I am having problems with UV curing too though, from lifting to colours becoming patchy after a couple of days .. I have since switched to Shellac and Brisa Lite and am hoping my Clients will switch over too as the feedback for this system is very positive.
I have been using Bio for almost 10 years and have been very loyal. I want to give it another chance so have taken notes from comments made on the Bio group to change my processes for UV, but does anyone have a tried and trusted routine for the LED curing I can try please? I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Hey

Last edited:
Hi just a quick update have spoke to bio about this and they are having problems also!!
Apparently they haven't perfected the consistency of all the gels yet so some take longer to dry under led than others! Tbh I'm not at all impressed that they would release a new product with out it being compatible with everything they supply, simply another case of bio have us waste our time and money testing it for them!

OMG! At least I know I'ts not me then ...... I have been so disheartened with Bio lately with loads of problems. It's about time they wise up to the fact that we are all trying to make a living with these products! Grrr makes me so mad

I know I was so relieved when the supplier said they were having problems to, usually the response is 'no one else has mentioned it! ' am really starting to loose confidence with them as a company ;( such a pitty as I have worked with bio for 9 yrs and always loved it!

Wow I have been so disappointed with then lately!!! I seem to constantly ring even though they keep telling me no one else is having problems!!

Since switching to led I keep getting complaints from clients who say it is starting to lift after a week. These are people who kept nails on for up to 4 weeks beforehand. I have tried everything and went on a refresher course a few weeks ago, this gave me a bit more insight as the gels cure differently in the led lamp and I had switched from s gel to sealer gel which is a huge difference. Even after this I've gone back to clear gel for top and base, I am getting slightly longer but no where near as before. Gutted.
I've been trailing OPI recently and really love it so far, it cures in my bio lamp which is a bonus! Biosculpture really should have thought this through

Latest posts

Back