Bio Sculpture's new LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new Biosculpture LED lamp? Does it still give the same results? I understand that only some of the new packaged gels are LED curable. Many thanks.

Thanks but I already have. Info seems a bit limited - just wondered if anyone else has now tried it?

Thanks but I already have. Info seems a bit limited - just wondered if anyone else has now tried it?

Has anyone used the new Biosculpture LED lamp? Does it still give the same results? I understand that only some of the new packaged gels are LED curable. Many thanks.

I have the new lamp and absolutely LOVE IT! All of the new packaged colours are LED UV curable, as well as clear gel & sealer gel in black or pearl & platinum pots. Since i've had my new lamp i do clear gel and sealer gel (instead of s-gel or flexi gel) under my new lamp and use the old lamps for the old black pots of colour or new gel for all layers if the colour is in the new pot. There is a list bio can send you of the black coloured pots that will actually cure under the new light and ones that will never be available to cure under it. Hope this helps xx

I have it and LOVE it. I think Bio Sculpture is even better with the new LED lamps and the bulbs last for ever. I was very sceptical especially after reading the thread in the group but have to say I'm very impressed as are my clients. I think out of all my colours only 4 aren't LED curable. It makes doing your own nails, or nail pops a lot quicker procedure too.

I still have my CND lamps which are great and I use them for the gels which aren't LED curable - my Bio LED lamps sit very nicely on top of my CND lamps too.

Hi howuch is this system/lamp kit etc?

terri x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hi how much is this system/lamp kit etc?

You will not be able to acquire any products from Bio Sculpture, unless and until you have completed training or a conversion course with them.

For more information, may I suggest you contact them direct:

0845 331 2347

Lovely thankyou x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hey guys, I used the search facility and came across this thread as I'm wanting a bit of information and advice please...

I use Bio Sculpture for overlays and extensions, and also use Gelicure. Nubar launched a LED lamp last year which I bought and loved, but the distributors recalled it as us Northern Irish geeks were having issues with it curing effectively. We're now back to UV (just a standard lamp, there doesn't seem to be a specific Nubar UV lamp available - over here anyway!) so my lamp is able to cure both Bio Sculpture and Gelicure, which is great, but very slow.

I got a leaflet thorough from BS today advertising the new LED lamp and got SO excited as I thought it would speed up my treatment time. I rang them to ask if they knew if it would cure gel polish and they told me they weren't sure... Does anybody know?

Also, my sculpting gel and S gel are both in the old black pots, but I only bought them last month. If I buy the LED lamp, does that mean it won't cure the BS gel?

I got a leaflet thorough from BS today advertising the new LED lamp and got SO excited as I thought it would speed up my treatment time. I rang them to ask if they knew if it would cure gel polish and they told me they weren't sure... Does anybody know?

Also, my sculpting gel and S gel are both in the old black pots, but I only bought them last month. If I buy the LED lamp, does that mean it won't cure the BS gel?

If Biosculpture themselves don't know...then what chance does anyone on here have of knowing lol ! :eek:

If Biosculpture themselves don't know...then what chance does anyone on here have of knowing lol ! :eek:

Thanks for your reply Izzi. I was just asking in case anybody had tried it out and had any advice they could give me... Thanks for your help.

I hope I didn't come across as flippant, I didn't mean to.
I do think the standard answer though is still you need to use the lamp for what ever system you are using so your Biosculpture lamp for Biosculpture products and whatever lamp is recommended for your Gel polish range.

Regarding whether you can use the new BS LED lamp with their older Gel in the black pots then you should definitely phone them back and ask, and they should be able to answer that for you. If not then they are not much of a Distributor!

I hope I didn't come across as flippant, I didn't mean to.
I do think the standard answer though is still you need to use the lamp for what ever system you are using so your Biosculpture lamp for Biosculpture products and whatever lamp is recommended for your Gel polish range.

Regarding whether you can use the new BS LED lamp with their older Gel in the black pots then you should definitely phone them back and ask, and they should be able to answer that for you. If not then they are not much of a Distributor!

No you're grand, I didn't think that at all. There is no recommended lamp for my gel polish which is also why I was asking. The man on the phone yesterday was a bit useless, so I'll ring back today and see if I can get somebody else. Thank you :)

Hey guys, I used the search facility and came across this thread as I'm wanting a bit of information and advice please...

I use Bio Sculpture for overlays and extensions, and also use Gelicure. Nubar launched a LED lamp last year which I bought and loved, but the distributors recalled it as us Northern Irish geeks were having issues with it curing effectively. We're now back to UV (just a standard lamp, there doesn't seem to be a specific Nubar UV lamp available - over here anyway!) so my lamp is able to cure both Bio Sculpture and Gelicure, which is great, but very slow.

Just to let you know that some of the black pots will cure under the LED lamp, but s-gel and sculpture will not at this stage, I use clear as a base and sealer as a finishing layer (these will work even if they are in black pots) the colours are trial and error, all the new pots will curre in new lamp but only some of the ols black ones, hope this helps, you can get a list from bio stockists that tells you which black pots are likely to cure under it x

I rang them to ask if they knew if it would cure gel polish and they told me they weren't sure... Does anybody know?

When I did my Gelicure training there was no Nubar lamp (LED or otherwise). I had my Harmony 9g lamp at the time and the trainer had no problems with it. I now have an 18g Harmony lamp which I have always used to cure Gelicure and Gelish with no problems. Gelicure has always had LED cure times shown on the boxes but no lamp of their own!

When I did my Gelicure training there was no Nubar lamp (LED or otherwise). I had my Harmony 9g lamp at the time and the trainer had no problems with it. I now have an 18g Harmony lamp which I have always used to cure Gelicure and Gelish with no problems. Gelicure has always had LED cure times shown on the boxes but no lamp of their own!

Nubar brought out a LED lamp last year JuicyLucy, which I bought and had nothing but problems... It turned out there was a design fault with them and my distributors recalled them all and issued refunds. As far as I know, it hasn't be brought out again :-(

It would be fantastic if one lamp cured BS and gel polish. The original Nubar LED lamp was 30 watt, and the BS LED lamp is 12 watt.

Just to let you know that some of the black pots will cure under the LED lamp, but s-gel and sculpture will not at this stage, I use clear as a base and sealer as a finishing layer (these will work even if they are in black pots) the colours are trial and error, all the new pots will curre in new lamp but only some of the ols black ones, hope this helps, you can get a list from bio stockists that tells you which black pots are likely to cure under it x

Thank you. I was up at an open day last week and they were explaining that S gel and sculpting gel (the 2 that I use) are phase 2 curing, and they're only at phase 1 currently in the switch over process. Xx

Hi, we have tried gelicure with the new bio sculpture lamp and it doesn't work, well not in 30 seconds anyway, the bio sculpture LED lamp is only 12 watt and the gelicure requires a 32watt lamp to cure so it takes approx 1min 30 secs to dry gelicure.
Also we have had problems with it curing bio in 30secs I did a client recently with new maralyn colour, in a new style pot, and the whole lot lifted off and was soft after removal of sticky residue?! Any advice??

Hi, we have tried gelicure with the new bio sculpture lamp and it doesn't work, well not in 30 seconds anyway, the bio sculpture LED lamp is only 12 watt and the gelicure requires a 32watt lamp to cure so it takes approx 1min 30 secs to dry gelicure.
Also we have had problems with it curing bio in 30secs I did a client recently with new maralyn colour, in a new style pot, and the whole lot lifted off and was soft after removal of sticky residue?! Any advice??

The gel must have been too thick. With the led the coats have to be thinner than with the uv so that the gel can cure properly. x

Latest posts

Back