bio soak off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.rua

Reaction score
Hello again, another BioSculpture question..

The soak off, is it supposed to slide off the nail, dissolve or is it supposed to scrape/peel off? i know scraping sounds really bad but i can't seem to get it to slide off or do whatever it's supposed to do.

I think i'm doing it right: buff surface, cotton wool soaked in gel remover, wrapped in tin foil shiny side in for 15 - 20 mins, take off one by one, but they are still solid and perfect! The only way i can get them off is by getting a little cuticle oil then and a pushie and pretty much scrape it off, as gently as possible of course and i have to just buff any residue off then.

Surely there has to be an easier way. Am i doing something wrong with the soak off?

If anyone can, please help.

Thanks.

Hi Rachel - I have found that sometimes it needs longer than 15-20mins to soak off but when ready it does come off very easily.

I think the thicker it is applied then the longer it needs to soak. If exec base is used then I believe it is a little easier.

give it a good file with a 180 grit first to 'break the seal' then soak each nail as you are doing and just wait for 20 mins or so...it SHOULD just bubble then you can ease it off with a pushy - it shouldnt take hardly any force.

HOWEVER i only ever do 1 infil then soak off i know some geeks do more.

I spose the more layers there are the longer it will take to get it off.

If you have heated mitts you could foil them - place in liners and pop in heated mitts which is a nice treat and speeds up removal.

hth

amb x

I too buff first to break the seal. Then do exactly everything you are doing, i pop them under the UV light for a bit seems to help.

I duno. All the girls in work have trouble with this, i know some of them have left it on a good half hour, used more acetone, heated mitts but none of us have ever seen it bubble! Its always a bit of a nightmare. We dont do infills either we soak off and do a fresh set. is this ok do you think? I think we are buffing off the executive base though, you only do a very dry little stroke in the middle of the nail dont you.? then buff the shine away, i think this takes it off altogether, wouldn't you think? And i really don't think any of us are putting it on thick.. i'll see though, maybe we're not being as careful as i thought.

So you would buff the surface with 180 grit, would you take much off or just remove the shine?
Then what material do you use to soak the gel remover onto the nail with? I just use those round cotton pads and cut them into quarters, i put them into a bowl with the gel remover to make sure there completely soaked through, put one ontop of the nail, wrap it in tin foil then leave them with a cuppa and a mag for 15 mins.
You reckon 20 mins anyway or more if thicker, i guess i can evaluate when i see them and let them know how long it's going to take, i just find alot of people are so impatient.
And do you find then that when you ease the gel off there is no residue or do you need to do anything else to them after you do that?

Sorry it's so long winded, i just need to know i'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks xxx

I buff with file to break seal, making sure your also file the free edge, wonderwipe soaked in acetone, wrap in foil, put hand in liner and in heated mitts, this helps speed it up. Leave 15 - 20 mins and should just come away. xx

Why not try to file off the bulk of the gel, then let the rest soak off.

Dont pour the acetone/gel remover in a bowl - just lay/stack the cotton pads which you've cut in quarters on a bit of foil, then pour the acetone on them. This way you are using far less acetone/gel remover.

Start on the right hand, as you buff each finger, place the the cotton pad and foil on it. Its a far quicker process doing it this way. By the time you've finished wrapping all - go back to the 1st and it should come off easily...

HTHs...

Hi

Which sealer are you using?? s-gel or sealer gel?

I use one of the bio dispensers for my soak off. Are you using bio soak off or ordinary acetone?

I find if its cold heated mitts help loads especially with clients with cold hands. If its s-gel i give the top layer a good file first to break the seal well, s-gel does take longer to soak off.

I find 15 mins enough for most clients some need 20-30.

I do ease it off with my pushie.

HTH

I do a bit more than take the shine off with a file...I would say I give the surface a good roughen up (180 grit), and then ensure I've 'broken' the seal where the FE is capped. And Bio kind of bubbles off, as opposed to peels off...generally taking 15 mins, 20 tops.

Occasionally the FE takes slightly longer if I'm soaking off french, and S-gel takes longer than regular clear or sealer, but this can be removed mainly with a file as it should never be on the natural nail.

Exec Base really does speed up a soak off....if I've used this it's off in 10 mins max to be honest, with a gentle tease from a wooden stick or my puchie in stubborn areas.

Latest posts

Back