Biosculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyndsey thank you so much for that post, I learnt plenty from it. I really want to introduce a soak off coloured gel to my product range and would love to do Bio, but the start up cost of it is high...... Hmmm, I am tempted though! Does anyone know how OPI Axxium soak off colours compare in terms of performance?

I know you posted this a while ago so I hope my reply is still relevant.
I spent literally over a thousand pounds on the OPI Axxium Soak Off range and matching colours, products etc and have just ditched it because it almost cost me loads of clients who's nails all broke off after using the gel.

I'm not the only salon having this problem, if you search OPI Axxium soak Off you'll find the various posts about this product.

I've turned to BioSculpture for a trial and I have to say I am very impressed thus far, my nails look excellent, no lifting and just to chek how they were doing underneath I took one off...... my nail underneath is as good as the day the bio was applied!:)

Lyndsey thank you so much for that post, I learnt plenty from it. I really want to introduce a soak off coloured gel to my product range and would love to do Bio, but the start up cost of it is high...... Hmmm, I am tempted though! Does anyone know how OPI Axxium soak off colours compare in terms of performance?

You do have to make a financial investment if you want to take on Bio but it really only costs a fraction of what other systems cost to produce good quality work. You do really get what you pay for! I luv it and you won't go wrong Vetty! x:hug:

... And thirdly, Bio soaks off clean in no more than 5 minutes, which minimises contact with drying product removers ...QUOTE]

Great post as always Lyndsay!

Re Bio soak-offs. Do you always use Executive Base when using Bio? I honestly have difficulty in getting it to soak off in less than 15mins most of the time. I do buff off the top layer of sealer or s-gel but it still takes well beyond 5mins. I don't use Executive Base as a matter of course though. I think I am afraid that the nails won't last as long.

I use Executive Base when I put Bio on myself cause I have to remove it again after a couple of days due to college. Naughty that I am, I tend to peel them off :smack: rather than soaking off and would be worried my clients would do the same lol!

So, if I use Executive Base on a client, do you think it would still be possible to do saok off every alternative visit which is what I try to do at the moment?

Sorry for all the questions but you are the BioSculpture Queen!!!:) Thanks babes xxx:hug:

Sorry for all the questions but you are the BioSculpture Queen!!!:) Thanks babes xxx:hug:

Lol, Chris.....I shall take that as a compliment - Thank you!

I use Executive base about 50% of the time. I don't use it at a first appointment, as I wish to see how hard they are on their nails. If its a client that comes back with 10 intact, then the next time I remove, I will start again and include Executive base. I will only infill once and as long as they are on time for their maintence and don't have a massive amount of length reduced then its OK.

If a client is tough on her nails and I need to remove and replace most sets then I also use Execuive base on them....they are the ones that are likely to peel anyway, so Exec base helps prevent too much damage.

With the middle of the road client who suffers a bit of occasionally damage, or maybe stretches it too long between appts, then I don't tend to use it. It does help soak off, but yes it does also mean that if a client s an occasionaly picker, then it can encourage them to 'keep going' with the peeling.

I also don't use it on really short nails, until they get a bit longer.

With soaking off, I always thin the bulk of the nail and run a file round the FE too...reduce a bit of length and alow the remove to work its magic there. I cut a slightly larger than the nail piece of wonderwipe....I do find wonderwipe works well, don't know why, and place it on the nail wrapping it with foil. Then I go to the next.....buff, wrap etc. By the time I've done the 10th nail, the first is ready to come off, and I prep the first hand, before I remove foil on the second, as otherwise I find I'm getting there marginally too quick. But from start to finsh, a removal and prep takes me around 15 minutes...

By the way, I don't use it on sculpts as I don't soak them off, unless absolutely necessary, and that can take a touch longer.

Next time you have a break from college - try a little experiment. Put exec base on one hand and not the other! That should build your confidence in it.

PS I have a full set of overlays on at the mo, with Exec base underneath and they've been on two and half weeks with not one lift - anywhere.

I am thinking of doing the biosculpture course but yes, it is quite a hefty outlay. Does anyone know what the cost of a full set works out at?

Thanks so much Lyndsay! More really helpful pointers xxx:hug:

:)Would just like to add to Lindsays support of Bio. Well said!!
I too have been a product junky for years - which has cost me a small fortune - and nothing compares to Bio. It is such a versatile system, which can be adapted for every nail type. I have had lots of new clients via Bio head office as a result of their marketing campaign.
I am currently off work after another knee operation. My regular clients without exception, all will wait to have Bio put back on, as no other salon has given them them the versatility and nail health that this product delivers!
Sculpts are very strong and natural.
If you are willing to invest and practice you will have a successful business with a returning client base.
M
x

I'm new to all this but I really like the sound of bio sculpture. I am making enquiries regarding training and was wondering, does it work out a lot dearer to do full set than using other systems?

I'm new to all this but I really like the sound of bio sculpture. I am making enquiries regarding training and was wondering, does it work out a lot dearer to do full set than using other systems?

To re-iterate whats been said before.....Bio Sculpture is not that expensive as a whole system. Yes the pots of gel are in higher priced bracket (not the most expensive - by a long way) but a lot of the other products, sanitiser, lamps, bulbs, brushes, enamels, top coats are very reasonably priced...amongst the best on the market. It is not more exepnsive per set than other high end gels, as a whole.

Yes, you can get cheaper per set, but then you will probably sacrifice quality.

Last edited:
Hey, Thanks Lyndsay. I just seemed to pick up that it was way more expensive. I'm new to nails and new to salon geek so someone may have already answered this question but I couldn't find anything. I have already outlaid on a course that I am not happy with so did not want to outlay for Bio and then find the products were very dear. Your answer has made me happy as I really fancy the sound of Bio. Thanks again :) Oh and Thanks for the invite :)

Last edited:
Hi

I have been reading all the posts about Bio and am in a dilema. I know it is the best product for me to train in having had them myself but have been asked by another Salon not to do it as they already do. As I do not want to upset anybody did you ever find a product that matches it?

Thanks

Katie

Im in the exact same boat as you vetty , i think the bio gel is fab! ive had it on my nails for a week and they still look good!
I really do agree with lyndsay about the bio scuplture. Also with bagpuss, it really irritates me when clients come in and theyre like... ohhh no i dont want acrylic or gel... they are soooo bad for my nails!!! And i always say nooo, its got nothing to do with the acrylic and gel. Its only damaging when you have a bad tech doing it, and they file too much on the natural nail. When ive had a few clients come in and their nails have been paper thin, ive never wanted to do any gel or acrylic on them. I know that by them having that extra strength on their nails would be really beneficial, but i dont like to file the natural nail when they are sooo thin! thats what i like about bio gel, as i would be confident enough to apply it on thin nails, as i know it would be sooooooo beneficial for them. But the same as vetty, its just such a high cost course, and yes i know i get products with it, but coughing up all that money is just far too much for this recession!
Thank you all sooo much xxx

Latest posts

Back