Bit of a moan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bliss1

Reaction score
I know we've all heard it a thousand times before but sometimes I feel as if I get penalised for doing my job properly.
Had a few cancellations today but I get a phonecall from a new client wanting a colour do I explain to her about patch testing as she's never been here before and I could do that today and then fit her in over the weekend for a colour but nope she's not going to bother as she wants it done today!!!
Yep I know I've done the right thing as losing out on £60 is nothing in comparisons to a allergic reaction law suit but I'm sitting here hot choc in hand thinking why do I bother??!!

X

I have days like that, as much as I try and explain they want it done, this is why we should be an industry that's regulated!

Yeh I totally agree on industry regulation. It's just galling as u know because we are all trying to keep our head above water but still want to keep my standards!
Btw totally loving my tigi bed head range. And it's selling!!!!!! 😃

Yeh I totally agree on industry regulation. It's just galling as u know because we are all trying to keep our head above water but still want to keep my standards!
Btw totally loving my tigi bed head range. And it's selling!!!!!! 😃

Awesome! I was shocked too! But it's lush, have you got after party? That's amazing of you run through wet hair and blowdry with... Hair is silky and dry quicker! ;) x

Oooh I have!!! I thought it was only for dry hair. Excellent I'll have a play about with that then!!
Favourites so far are small talk and glaze haze. 😃

Oooh I have!!! I thought it was only for dry hair. Excellent I'll have a play about with that then!!
Favourites so far are small talk and glaze haze. 😃

No honestly in think hair you can use quite a good pump of after party in wet hair, smooths beautifully! Have u tried smoothing stuff? Yeah I love small talk and glaze haze x

Excellent I'll have a go at it then! I've not got smoothing stuff. Although I have an appointment with my rep tomorrow to see how I'm getting on with it.
I'm excited I need to place another order already and I'll get a look at there Xmas stock :)

Excellent I'll have a go at it then! I've not got smoothing stuff. Although I have an appointment with my rep tomorrow to see how I'm getting on with it.
I'm excited I need to place another order already and I'll get a look at there Xmas stock :)

I'm just waiting for my rep! I'm not meant to order anything but I know I want the new shampoo and conditioners!

It's for this reason I do not understand why there is a salon near me that doesn't take appointments?
If you really want to you can book a set time slot but other than that you walk in, get seated, they start, a few hours later you have a new colour and a slight chance of blowing up like a balloon from a reaction :/ hmm.

Stick to playing by the rules, the outcome in the long run is much better, I wouldn't want my name all over a local paper for a court hearing because a clients suing me for non skin testing.x

i had a potential client msg me back and forth last week 12 times ! about not wanting a patch test , she didnt have time , bla bla bla ,
sorry its on every single bit of advertising i do and website , facebook page , i do not do any tint , hair , lashes or brows without a patch test

i sometimes wish i didnt have morals or a professional work ethic but i just couldnt run the risk of not doing my upmost to ensure client wellbeing .

Coz I'm mobile they have to wait a week for an appointment will do a consultantion asap, then have to get the colour (as I don't stock every colour) then patch test 24/48 hours before then the colour but I only do colour 2 days (because I'm only just starting up again and child care)

It's a long way round it but also weeds out no shows

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Wow that must be hard as mobile having to patch test 24 hrs before you start colouring. Here in Australia no salons do it unless were really concerned about someone, and its not a legal requirement.

Thanks guys I know I did the right thing just like to know its not only me sometimes lol

Wow that must be hard as mobile having to patch test 24 hrs before you start colouring. Here in Australia no salons do it unless were really concerned about someone, and its not a legal requirement.

It can be but my clients are really nice and offer to come to my house of it as I live in town and I don't drive and some have even taken ne home before (they didn't want me waiting for the bus late at night) I don't work Sunday but if it's just q patch test and means I have work for the Monday then I do it only takes 10 mins so no hardshipreally

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

It's not a legal requirement here in the UK but I won't touch a client with colour until I've patch tested. I won't take any prisoners ... I'm insured to the hilt but I don't ever want anyone to have to claim on it. And I never want to cause anyone to look and feel like they've been kicked in the face by a horse ...

It's a rather contentious issue. Did tut know that the more you are exposed to something the more Likely you are to have a reaction? And that you may not have a reaction one day but the next you will?
If you skin test and the client still has a reaction then you are still liable. I do it for all new clients but with a lot of research saying that skin tests don't really indicate conclusively that your client will not have a reaction, sometimes feel like its a waste of time.

It's a rather contentious issue. Did tut know that the more you are exposed to something the more Likely you are to have a reaction? And that you may not have a reaction one day but the next you will?
If you skin test and the client still has a reaction then you are still liable. I do it for all new clients but with a lot of research saying that skin tests don't really indicate conclusively that your client will not have a reaction, sometimes feel like its a waste of time.

I disagree!
If you skin test them, record it, record all results, record all services etc. Then you are not liable as you have followed would of followed your manufacturers instructions, therefore if a client did then have a reaction and tried to sue you they would not have a leg to stand on, it would be down to the company to fix their product, or down to the client for maybe giving false details (some lie about medication etc which can cause a skin test to be ok but a service to go wrong)

However if you dont record and do none of the above then yes your liable as you have nothing to prove you practiced safely and you would of been putting your client at risk

Its worth skin testing, I've seen a reaction and it is ugly!! x

Latest posts

Back