Black Cherry Berry Gelish problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
Colour wouldn't cure. Done everything right. Took me forever to do it. Wasn't totally pleased with overall application. Anyone else had this problem??? Very patchy. Thanks.

Colour wouldn't cure. Done everything right. Took me forever to do it. Wasn't totally pleased with overall application. Anyone else had this problem??? Very patchy. Thanks.

Hi Poppy,

Either your lamp's not working or you are doing the layers too thick. I have this colour and haven't had a problem. Jox

I will try it on someone else. Didn't think I was doing layers thick. But might have been. Lamp is 18g and haven't had problem with it. (bit biased to be honest. Love it) thanks hun x

Are you curing 1st coat a little longer? Remember dark colours can take twice as long to cure. I found it helped with Bella and Black shadow.

Are you curing 1st coat a little longer? Remember dark colours can take twice as long to cure. I found it helped with Bella and Black shadow.

Hi Hun. No I'm not. Even if I'm using the 18g? X

Make sure your client isn't putting their hand to the back of the lamp as there is a blind spot that doesn't cure, usually the middle finger, if you get wrinkles in the polish it's too thick. I usually do 3 thin coats of the dark colours to make sure it's covered well :) x

Hi Hun. No I'm not. Even if I'm using the 18g? X

Didn't realise you are using the 18G. The only problem I have with it is that sometimes if it's sunny or the person slightly moves the sensor goes off and if I'm busy doing the other hand I don't notice the hand might have only cured for 5 secs before it turned off. I've had this with a few people. I always make sure I'm listening out for the beeps at the end of the 30secs to make sure it's cured. If it doesn't beep then it's turned itself off. I've found sometimes when I was working in my conservatory and it was sunny I had to put a towel over the lamp otherwise it didn't detect the hand going in. :biggrin:

Didn't realise you are using the 18G. The only problem I have with it is that sometimes if it's sunny or the person slightly moves the sensor goes off and if I'm busy doing the other hand I don't notice the hand might have only cured for 5 secs before it turned off. I've had this with a few people. I always make sure I'm listening out for the beeps at the end of the 30secs to make sure it's cured. If it doesn't beep then it's turned itself off. I've found sometimes when I was working in my conservatory and it was sunny I had to put a towel over the lamp otherwise it didn't detect the hand going in. :biggrin:

Thanks so much x

I have the same problem with the same colour honey. I had a customer ask for it last week and ended up giving her it for half price as I wasn't happy with the overall look. X

I have the same problem with the same colour honey. I had a customer ask for it last week and ended up giving her it for half price as I wasn't happy with the overall look. X

Just done another client. Made sure I capped well, thin layers and done 4 light coats. Still could see trough colour. Won't be sticking again. X

Latest posts

Back