Black eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
I had a wedding trial today, the client doesn't really have any eyebrows, they only grow a tiny bit and there isn't really any hairs to tint either. I did mention to her about a month to let me tint them but she really didn't want to. Today doing her make up I penciled her brows in according to the little bit of shape she did have and she said they were too thick and asked if she could go upstairs and do them herself to show me how she likes them. She came back down with a thin jet black line, all one thickness, for her brows. They looked awful and she has blonde hair too so really didn't suit. She said this is how she always has them. Just wondering what you would of done? Obviously it's her wedding and her decision but they looked terrible. I have been thinking about them all day. Would you just leave it to client or perhaps suggest again another shade and shape? Because it wasn't even a shaped brow how she did them. Hate the thought of people thinking I did them as part of her make up they were that bad!! Xx

If she said she normally wears them like that the chances are if you would of changed them she would of gone home and removed them and re applied her own way anyway...

Yeah I know I can't make people change what they always do. They just totally spoilt the whole of her make up. It looked fab and then she did the brows and it looked awful :-(

I really wouldn't worry too much. She drew them on and she knows that and will have to live with what she did in photographs forever! :eek: All I can say is I imagine this happens often take don't tell the bride for example when the brides completely remove all the hard work done, at least it was just her eyebrows and you offered to style them correctly and she said no and as long as she left the shop happy that's all that matters.

When is her wedding ? Has she booked you for the wedding or was it just the trial so far?

I don't do makeup but would say maybe suggest another trial and do a few different eyebrow shades, thickness etc along with the makeup and take pictures to compare.

Maybe you could meet her in the middle with a slightly thinner, more shaped medium brown.. Rather than thin black?

Although I can also see the point if she's used to having these brows she may not feel right on her wedding day and that's the day she should feel like a princess ! I'm very funny with people doing my makeup as they never do my eyes how I like them so I can totally see both points xx

I honestly would suggest that she finds someone else to do her wedding make up. I know it sounds harsh but if they looked hideous, then that's your reputation down the drain.

I honestly would suggest that she finds someone else to do her wedding make up. I know it sounds harsh but if they looked hideous, then that's your reputation down the drain.
I agree with Kim x

When is her wedding ? Has she booked you for the wedding or was it just the trial so far?

I don't do makeup but would say maybe suggest another trial and do a few different eyebrow shades, thickness etc along with the makeup and take pictures to compare.

Maybe you could meet her in the middle with a slightly thinner, more shaped medium brown.. Rather than thin black?

Although I can also see the point if she's used to having these brows she may not feel right on her wedding day and that's the day she should feel like a princess ! I'm very funny with people doing my makeup as they never do my eyes how I like them so I can totally see both points xx

Yes she booked for the wedding which is in Mid August. She is a regular client for waxing and toes so booked me a while ago. She does have some brown hairs though, at the start of her brows, its the middle and ends of it that are very blonde and very patchy looking. So even with the black pencil she did, you could still see that the brown hairs were visible much thicker than the black pencil. I explained this to her and she insisted they looked fine!! I don't want to offend her but seriously thinking of asking her to try a tint and let me pencil in brown again before the wedding but having already tried asking this a month or so ago, not sure If I will come across pushy! xx

Yes she booked for the wedding which is in Mid August. She is a regular client for waxing and toes so booked me a while ago. She does have some brown hairs though, at the start of her brows, its the middle and ends of it that are very blonde and very patchy looking. So even with the black pencil she did, you could still see that the brown hairs were visible much thicker than the black pencil. I explained this to her and she insisted they looked fine!! I don't want to offend her but seriously thinking of asking her to try a tint and let me pencil in brown again before the wedding but having already tried asking this a month or so ago, not sure If I will come across pushy! xx

I would do another trial.. Do the makeup the way yous have agreed and do a couple of eyebrow colours and show her the outcome on photos so she can compare them from hand. I would say that although that's the way she does her eyebrows you're not comfortable doing them that way as it doesn't suit her and is too dramatic for the wedding look so you want to try and get the right look x

Latest posts

Back