Black Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&G Beauty

Reaction score
Anyone else's black gelish really watery ? Thinking of sending it back

Mine was to start with. You really need to mix it well & give it a good roll in between your hands x

When Gelish was first launched Black Shadow was a thicker consistency...but everyone had problems with it wrinkling and creasing because it under cured due to all the pigment in it.
you couldn't get it for ages, then it was back but definitely a lot thinner, but easier to use as long as you do 3 thin layers.
With 3 thin layers you build up a lovely black colour and no undercuring.

I need 4 coats and it still looks patchy. I don't like it and have stopped using it so use my Blackpool shellac instead x

I need 4 coats of black shadow to get a nice even dark coverage. Think it's just one of those colours x

Thank you that puts my mind at rest that I don't have a dodgy bottle x

I turned my bottle upside down for a while before rolling it. I'm pretty sure I read a post on here that advised this.

I was advised during my Gelish training that some colours are just thinner than others & Black Shadow was a prime example of it.
The advice given was not to shake it or turn it up side down as you dont want to get any air pockets in the bottle, but to leave the top off the bottle for a day or so to let it thicken up.

I haven't tried this as yet but only cause i'd rather do 3-4 thin coats & get perfect coverage.

I find that the red's & purples are the same, very thin needed a couple of coats, however the pinks are ok for 2 coats.

I was advised during my Gelish training that some colours are just thinner than others & Black Shadow was a prime example of it.
The advice given was not to shake it or turn it up side down as you dont want to get any air pockets in the bottle, but to leave the top off the bottle for a day or so to let it thicken up.

I haven't tried this as yet but only cause i'd rather do 3-4 thin coats & get perfect coverage.

I find that the red's & purples are the same, very thin needed a couple of coats, however the pinks are ok for 2 coats.

Ooh leave the top off the bottle?! Think I am too scared to do that!!! X

I really wanted black shadow but after reading this think I might get the naughty list holiday colour instead x

Maybe I was just lucky but I get good coverage in 2 coats :suprised:

me too, not sure now, may just stick to blackpool 4 coats seems quite a bit.x

I really wanted black shadow but after reading this think I might get the naughty list holiday colour instead x

Yes that looks lovely I want to get that too, hopefully will be better pigmented! I visibly pale if someone asks for black shadow or that very light pink, I think is called pink smoothie or is that shellac. Any hoo it's the very light pink from gelish it's even worse than black shadow!

Just to say, that in the end i did get the Gelish Blackshadow, and it covers perfectly in 2 coats, Glad i got it.x:)

Latest posts

Back