Black marks appeared on hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kc hair

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone offer me some advice please, I fitted a full head of u tip hair extensions yesterday, they looked lovely no problems, but today my client came back with lots of very large black marks on her extensions, I have no idea what this is, the extensions are from glamorous lengths and I had four packs in total of colours 18, 12, 22, I have photos if needed, I have emailed the company but no reply as yet what do I do??

Can you please post a pic :)

Saw an article on the Internet where a girl had used a blue hair bobble and it had stained her blonde hair so maybe that could of happened. Can't tell without a pic tho :) xx

Trying to upload pics lol bear with me please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 288
First pic is half way through when I finished I curled hair no problems at all the marks were there this morning she said. Will try to upload all pics some keep failing x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 308
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 283
Hair curled after extensions photo wont load but there is no marks on hair at all I will keep trying to upload photo x

That loos like colour? Did you use clean sectioning clips? I can't think of what else it might be, how strange!! Hope you get it sorted xx

Yes alway use clean tools, the colour wasn't there when client left and I saw her 2 hours after extensions were done and it wasn't there, she woke up this morning and they were there :(

Black marks don't just appear on blonde hair out of thin air. She must have dipped them in something? Most likely on accident. She should retrace her steps.

Do you think in any way can colour come off extensions, as in can the blonde extensions I've put in be so badly coloured that the blonde is lifting off, I need to know if its my extensions if so I'll never use the supplier again I'm guessing no one else has ever had this thanks for all replies so far x

If they are real hair then they will have been lightened and toned then the colour sealed in. There is no way the true colour could return!If they are acrylic then I really couldn't say..I think like someone else said, she needs to retrace her steps. She must have had her hair somewhere to have picked up that colour. Plus, you said you saw her 2 hours after you had finished? If the colour had been picked up when you were doing them, it would surely have developed in those 2 hours? It's a really odd one..

Could there have been something on the back of the chair? Or has she used straighteners or tongs that had a something on them that caused a chemical reaction?Julie.

Not a hair pro, kind of looks like she's held the straighteners there too long? From the way it kind of bends if that makes sense? It's straightener size too, just a thought x

Client defiantly didn't pick colour up at my salon, I curled extensions before she left photo won't upload keeps failing, I would have noticed when I curled it and she works next door so she came in to see me two possibly three hours later, they are 100% human remy hair they felt and looked beautiful, I'm at a loss I used four separate packets, three different colours scattered throughout hair and as you can see the black mark goes right through, I just don't know what to tell her!! I have no answers, I am hoping company will get back to me at some point, thanks for posting replies x

Have you tried washing the marks off? it looks like tint on the back of a chair. you could try spot bleaching it out.

Can't be off the back of the chair as like kc hair said, it wasn't there until the next morning x

To me it looks like she has left hot tools on it for too long, i have done this before on my own lol x

Think I'm inclined to agree with Christy. Looks like a burn / scorch to me. Hate to say it but I think the explanation of "I just woke up with it like this" is highly unlikely to be honest! If a client came back to me and I'd retraced all my steps and was 100% sure I wasn't responsible for any contact with colour etc then I'd have to place fault with the client. Do the ends of the hair with the black marks feel particularly dry / frazzled at all?

Suppose all you can do is offer to cut out the problem areas. A pain in the bum that you have to spend more time on a client purely because of their own negligence though :( Hope you get it sorted soon! x

Has she asked for or suggested a refund?

Latest posts

Back