Black nail polish recommendations please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Orly's 'Liquid Vinyl'. A really nice black...very shiny! :)

excuse me? is she god? no! stop kissing ass
no doubt she is a fantastic nail tech and is fantastic at what she does
but her comment was uncalled for

I personally don't feel it matters whther the comment was made by Geeg or Joe Bloggs (as long as Joe Bloggs knows what he's talking about!) The comment was valid: if a professional is asking for a product recommendation on a professional site, then we should take it as read that they are looking for a professional product, unless they state otherwise.

I would imagine that most other professionals reading this thread would agree with Geeg's comment.

It's all too easy to take offense when no offense is meant. I personally found the 'get a grip' comment much more uncalled for than Geeg's comment.

Oh and just for the record I am not 'kissing ass' as you put it (again I found this comment uncalled for) but merely stating a professional opinion.

As Sparkler pointed out it is about respect.

Lou xx

I think inkwell is very very dark blue as in blue ink - but it does look black - or I may be confusing it with oil slick.

Blackjack is definitely black LOL.

I didn't know what the difference was as this is the only 'black' I have at the mo........didn't realise it was Navy....it really does look black!!

(sorry I don't know how to put in more than one persons quote in one reply???)

I personally don't feel it matters whther the comment was made by Geeg or Joe Bloggs (as long as Joe Bloggs knows what he's talking about!) The comment was valid: if a professional is asking for a product recommendation on a professional site, then we should take it as read that they are looking for a professional product, unless they state otherwise.

I would imagine that most other professionals reading this thread would agree with Geeg's comment.

It's all too easy to take offense when no offense is meant. I personally found the 'get a grip' comment much more uncalled for than Geeg's comment.

Oh and just for the record I am not 'kissing ass' as you put it (again I found this comment uncalled for) but merely stating a professional opinion.

As Sparkler pointed out it is about respect.

Lou xx

AMEN! :hug:

I didn't know what the difference was as this is the only 'black' I have at the mo........didn't realise it was Navy....it really does look black!!

You're right, inkwell does look black. But I think it's suppose to be a very very dark blue as Fiona has already stated.

Oilslick also looks black too. Not quite sure what colour it's suppose to be, but actually the first coat looks green, then it becomes black with the second coat and then it changed into blue with the sapphire sparkle on top..!!

My most asked for combination at the moment.

CND has really come up with some funky and interesting ideas.

You're right, inkwell does look black. But I think it's suppose to be a very very dark blue as Fiona has already stated.

Oilslick also looks black too. Not quite sure what colour it's suppose to be, but actually the first coat looks green, then it becomes black with the second coat and then it changed into blue with the sapphire sparkle on top..!!

My most asked for combination at the moment.

CND has really come up with some funky and interesting ideas.

Ah shucks! Does this mean I need to buy blackjack and oilslick now (any excuse!!).....I've bought the wrong colour.......oh dear.......sshhh, don't tell the hubby!!

Lou xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Black is SOOOO popular in our salon....

Essie Licorice is great but requires two-three thin coats
OPI - Lady in Black is my personal fave
China Glaze - Liquid Leather is popular with my busiest nail tech

Clients are also going crazy for matte black. We just use Essies Matte About You on top of any of the above rather than an actual matte black polish but if there are any amazing ones out there we'd love to hear about them!

Latest posts

Back