Black shadow marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oni

Reaction score
Hi I painted my nails using Orly fx gel polish and for the first time ever I have noticed black marks like shadows . Does anyone know what could of course this . Thanks

Do you have a picture? It might be clothes dye. I've had a client wear a pale colour and she had dark shadowy patches from clothes dye. She had worn a new black hoodie and some of the dye had worn off on them X

Sorry no I forgot to get picture . It was a new coral colour . I was thinking it might be topcoat . I have used Orly fx gel for ages and never had this .

It could have needed 3 coats if it showed up before she left you xx

It had 4 coats , i am wondering if it could be dye because washed hair and hair colour is red and red runs . So not sure .

my lady has dyed red hair and her nails always come back with a tinge of pink or stained

This is down to the top coat, I have a lot of customers that get this when they are due to come in after their 2-3 week appointment. Im no sure what causes this or why it happens.

Thanks for your reply I have painted colour on toes and no marks have appeared must be the hair dye that's all I can think of . I brought a new top coat just incase even though it was a new one

Latest posts

Back