Blazema now re-branded??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emsyj

Reaction score
Just seen today's Groupon offers for my area and it is listing a makeup course with 'Wow Events' that sounds spookily like the courses previously offered by blazema - £29 fee, taught at Jury's Inn, you have to take your own kit with you... I googled but can't find any info about this 'new' company (didn't spend long looking though to be fair) and just wondered if they are the same people. I want to make a complaint with Groupon and make people aware that they do not vet the offers put forward - which I think is utterly crapola.

I saw that offer too, and wondered about it - same picture, same venue.... Can I ask why you are making a complaint? I bought this offer a while ago but have not booked my place yet. I'm already qualified, but I thought it might be a bit of fun? Was I wrong?

If you google 'blazema reviews' you will find a number of reviews of the 'course' - I have not been on one, so I don't have a personal experience to offer on it I can only point you to what others have said.

My beef really is with Groupon as it is clear that a lot of people have raised issues with the offer from blazema and so if this 'new' company is in fact the same people then it reflects poorly on Groupon that they don't seem to care about the quality of the offers they advertise.

I got a voucher for christmas, I forgot to use it and today decided I better email the Blazama to book my slot. I see they are only contactable by email and when searching their website I got this note:-

Dear Customer ...

We're sorry to tell you that as of 1 March 2012 Blaze Management Limited is no longer supplying deals or voucher services for Hair and Make Up Courses.

We will still have a team to support your needs, and all vouchers will be honoured until their expiration dates.

If you require a refund you should contact your voucher code provider.

If you have already purchased a voucher please email [email protected] and we will get you booked on a course.

We thank you and appreciate your custom, and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

Thanks,

Blaze Management Limited

Can someone please tell me what has happened. I am still waiting a reponse to my email.

Just seen today's Groupon offers for my area and it is listing a makeup course with 'Wow Events' that sounds spookily like the courses previously offered by blazema - £29 fee, taught at Jury's Inn, you have to take your own kit with you... I googled but can't find any info about this 'new' company (didn't spend long looking though to be fair) and just wondered if they are the same people. I want to make a complaint with Groupon and make people aware that they do not vet the offers put forward - which I think is utterly crapola.

I took the course with Wow Events and found it a lot of fun. It ran with Groupon at £19. I read the reviews about Blaze after seeing this thread, and based on the experience I had, it cannot be the same company.
The class only had 20 people in for one, and people were saying the Blaze one had 80.
It looks to me as though someone had taken Blaze's idea and made it work. I can't speak for other people taking the Wow course, but I had fun and would consider taking another, as long as it is on a discounted promotion.

I think they are apart of the baize group and I would recommend that people avoid them at all costs.

Hello every one.
My name is Silvia and I am Spanish.
I am make-up artist and I have been working for this company (just in one occasion) and they are a scammers, they have not pay me and the people that bought the voutcher the don't recieved the bag with de cosmetics.
I am really sad because I try to do my work and people like them broke the ilusion. Be careful with them. The webside doesn't exist.

Hi silvia You are not alone!

Myself and other mua's that have done jobs for them and not been paid.
Their accuse for not paying us was that there are so many mua's on their books they can't possibly pay everyone on time WTF.

I have been waiting since feb to be paid and they don't return my emails/calls/texts.

I'm now facing having to take them to court to get what I'm owed.

They are con artists and vermin

I am already qualified and have been on a course which the lady who did was really good and it was nice just to see some of the things she did. I didn't realise they were not paying their MUAs though that's appauling

Thanks so much...I have been speaking with them by email and they said to me the same...they have problem with the payment

I bought a voucher for a nail course through Groupon for blazema (just wanted to brush up before opening my salon as it had been a while since I'd done anything)
When I emailed to book the course in November, the earliest date they had was Jan which they then cancelled & rescheduled for March but then cancelled again with an email saying to contact Groupon for a refund.
They shouldn't be allowed to advertise in any guise on Groupon if they can't honour their deals

Hi I posted about Blaze on here a while back.
My friend told me about this offer and I think it is the same company.
My husband bought it for me for my bday. I just wanted advice doing my own make up.
It's was really bad ppl was walking out half way through it.
There was some including myself that was calling the so called manager (who didn't answer but texted ) joke.
In 1 room there was 80 of us and 1 tutor.
I have to say the tutor was lovely and i really felt so sorry for her as ppl was having rant plus it was her first day.

There was no course work, no gift bags and no certificates.
Hand on heart I wouldn't want the certificate as I didn't learn anything.
As there was to many of us for 1 tutor.
60+ ppl complained to birmingham trading standards.

Groupon was a waste of space with my complaint and I will never buy anything from there again

Regarding the blaze nail course they promoted they done training CND check out nail forum. CND put a stop to it.. Thank god.

Hi Sylvia,

I too am thinking of taking them to court as they owe me lots of money for work I've done. Have you had any joy? xx

Blazema and Wow Events are the same company.

Hi Sylvia,

I too am thinking of taking them to court as they owe me lots of money for work I've done. Have you had any joy? xx

I'm looking to take them to court too, you can PM me and I will discus further

Time to close this thread I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back