Bleach bath then semi or permanent dye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hi can I get some advise please. My client has base 4/5 box dye hair with mahogany tones. She wants to rid the red with a slight lighter brown colour and a few painted high lights on the ends in balayage not quite ombre.

So I'm going to bleach bath with 20vol. I've test tried a strand and it's gone to a red orange colour. Will post the pic.

I want to use a 6.01 and maybe and bit of 5.000 rusk. In a demI/semi 1.9. But I'm worried it will fade too much. Shall I use a permanent with 3% instead ?

Then will balayage the ends next week as I won't have enough time to do both and want a nice base to work from. I can use wella too so advise needed so I can buy the products.

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20150128_133952.jpg
    20150128_133952.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 93
If it's lifted to expose red/orange then its around a level 5.

I don't use Rusk so value any comments from a Rusk geek, but if I was using a semi or a Demi afterwards, I'd lift it a bit more first.

Best to use a 5 base and ash tone then. Just wondered if a semi would grab better being larger molecules since the cuticles are open from the bleach. But the same time I want it to last x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also is the picture a base 6? As that's the shade she wanted x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back