Bleach disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delly81

Reaction score
I'm currently try to get blonde! Really light and ashy!!
I am at the moment however yellow! (Think Simpson yellow!) I can't bleach gain as my ends are awful and chewing gum like. I am condition treatment every other day which is helping

Can anyone suggest something to make me look relatively normal!! Pretty please xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365938629.878269.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365938629.878269.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 999
Did you use a toner then?

Are you really a hairdresser?
As your first post is about asking this? U should know?

What was the colour before you wrecked it?

I'm currently try to get blonde! Really light and ashy!!
I am at the moment however yellow! (Think Simpson yellow!) I can't bleach gain as my ends are awful and chewing gum like. I am condition treatment every other day which is helping

Can anyone suggest something to make me look relatively normal!! Pretty please xx

dannng ure ends look dead:(

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

Can we be polite or not comment at all. The Op has stated she is a hairdresser in her profile so either play nice or just don't help out.

Can we be polite or not comment at all. The Op has stated she is a hairdresser in her profile so either play nice or just don't help out.

I believe we were being?

If you dont know how, you should have a different stylist consult with you and take you where you want to be on steps. Going blonde is not easy so if you dont know, you shouldnt try. Its not gonna happen overnight. You need some consitioning treatments, a haircut and some time.

her first post is about how to go blonde thats a bit stranger right so u got ask questions first before giving all the information i guess................... and no one wasnt nice btw.

I've been in your situation twice and I used redken leave in protein treatment, regular cuts and just coloured the roots till the strength got back on the ends using purple shampoo to help with the brass tones. Then eventually had weak bleach baths to lift out the darker orange tones. It will take a while to get the perfect color. You need to concentrate on the condition of your hair more importantly. X

Use anti snap redken range plus cat treatment! Then re colour when it's strong enough. You probably have to have a cut too but you prob know that eek! Xx

I think I'd try a purple shampoo and a good cut to start :) this should at least take off the root glow and some of the chewy ends!
I swear by the macadamia range. The oil spray is amazing, lightweight, and makes the most damaged hair feel amazing! Give it abit of time and then book in somewhere to give you ahand ;) x

Sorry for late reply! Children problems! I am a hairdresser albeit a new one! I toned with milkshake 9.01 and it changed nothing! I have been trying to get lighter but I haven't rushed the process! I started in September from jet black! But unfortunately on Friday the devil on my shoulder reared his ugly head and I went in for the bleach!

Also thank you all for your replies! Sorry if I come across vague. I am very new to this xx :)

From looking at the outcome, this is before being toned right? And I'm guessing you had decent regrowth of a good 8-12 weeks? And prior to the bleach you had a base4-5 reddy brown? Looks like there was a lot of build up on the ends with darker colours.

What did you do? Just bleach and 40? Or a bleach bath? You obv used bleach, how many times and high or low vol? We need to know what you did to work out the best option you have right now.

I'm guessing as you haven't replied to anyone that you have either done something else to it? Or had it done professionally? Do you still need help?

Sorry for late reply! Children problems! I am a hairdresser albeit a new one! I toned with milkshake 9.01 and it changed nothing! I have been trying to get lighter but I haven't rushed the process! I started in September from jet black! But unfortunately on Friday the devil on my shoulder reared his ugly head and I went in for the bleach!

9.01 really wouldn't do much to the red tone left. Do a strand test for 12.1/12.11 end only to lift a bit more out, and then tone after that, but if the strength isn't there, go to a level 6 and try again np once you have build the strength.

Personally I'd do the latter to save your hair x

Bleach and 30 and this was after the toner!! I am about to have a good 2-3 inches cut of the ends! I understand is a long process, and I have done what every hairdresser hates and gone straight for the bleach!

I'm a base 5.
I'm doing treatments every other day and the appearance is better!

Also I know it's hard to tell via the pictures but it is super duper light! The orange tone is actually very slight

Here

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366014711.728219.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366014711.728219.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,008
I think I'd try a purple shampoo and a good cut to start :) this should at least take off the root glow and some of the chewy ends!
I swear by the macadamia range. The oil spray is amazing, lightweight, and makes the most damaged hair feel amazing! Give it abit of time and then book in somewhere to give you ahand ;) x
yes I'm going to use the purple shampoos in the mean time whist tryin to strengthen my hair again! I hope blinded do have more fun after this!! Lol

Latest posts

Back