Bleach disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it. So you'd shampoo bleach with 10 or 20 to as high as it goes, wash, dry and shampoo bleach right away if needed again to achieve necessary level of lift? Do I understand you right?

Be careful not to over process the hair. Keep watching.

And what I do is shampoo the hair with clarifying shampoo twice. Then I mix shampoo 20vol and clarifying shampoo and apply on towel dried hair. Don't go to roots hey maybe last 5 mins if needed. Then if u need more lift and the hair is ok to do. Wash hair and do the same thing. Some people prefer on dry hair but to be honest I have done b4 and work the same lol

Thank you so much for your patience and helpful hints!

When bleach bathing, 1/2 to 1 shade colour cleanse use warm water no developer, 1-2 shades 10 vol and 2-4 shades 20, shampoo in all bar the 1/2 -1 with just water, by rule, sometime I substitute shampoo for warm water. The lower the vol the better as it breaks the colour molecules down better, the higher the vol can be too destructive, shatter the colour molecule causing staining or unlevel tones once main colour is applied, also more damaging to the hair. If you are unsure, do not do a bleach bath without being confident or having someone around you who knows what they are doing, should anything go wrong, you need to be able to rectify it xx

When bleach bathing, 1/2 to 1 shade colour cleanse use warm water no developer, 1-2 shades 10 vol and 2-4 shades 20, shampoo in all bar the 1/2 -1 with just water, by rule, sometime I substitute shampoo for warm water. The lower the vol the better as it breaks the colour molecules down better, the higher the vol can be too destructive, shatter the colour molecule causing staining or unlevel tones once main colour is applied, also more damaging to the hair. If you are unsure, do not do a bleach bath without being confident or having someone around you who knows what they are doing, should anything go wrong, you need to be able to rectify it xx

Yeah it's not a easy thing to do its easy. Just to decide what colour to put on after its not easy haha xx

Hi just wondering if you chose a toner? Any luck mixing po1 n po2??? 😄

Have this situation to fix but want to avoid bleach as she has done 2 blondors @ 30 vol and a majiblonde 921!!! Porous at ends but is cutting after....😓😓

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366458861.522045.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366458861.522045.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 914
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366458878.097579.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366458878.097579.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 459
All views

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366459197.598759.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366459197.598759.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 374
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366459210.060743.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366459210.060743.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,819
All views

I haven't yet toned as I have been Slapping on conditioning treatments for the past week to strengthen!! And to be honest I myself am still up in the air as which toner I'm going to use!! Xx

The ends are more like a 6, I'd recommend dropping to a 6/7 this time and gradually lifting from here. I did this the other day, 1 bleach bath cleanse, highlift tint with 40 flashes and an all over 6 tone, she was aiming for that though. But it looks lovely, may work for your lady

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462058.435817.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462058.435817.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 366
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462065.154764.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462065.154764.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 464
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462071.008451.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366462071.008451.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 253
Hi
Thanks for reply but she doesn't want to go any darker at all... Tried to convince her on a 7/0 and 7/1 mix hoping to even out... She says she wants to stay this level but no more bleaching??? Oh what to do?
Shall I push for the all over colour as its soon summer (we hope) it will lighten up!

Hi
Thanks for reply but she doesn't want to go any darker at all... Tried to convince her on a 7/0 and 7/1 mix hoping to even out... She says she wants to stay this level but no more bleaching??? Oh what to do?
Shall I push for the all over colour as its soon summer (we hope) it will lighten up!

Well I've just been into my local salon and an old friend of mine was in there, and she suggested as I'm having then ends cut off (weep weep) a high light 901s should do the trick!any good!?!? X

Also worried about colour coming up too dark. Dont want to process hair as it elasticity is gone wen wet- it snaps!

901s is lovely- does come up warm I've heard u still may need to tone but high lift on top of bleach isn't recommended as u need 30 or 40 vol....
See what the others say!

Let's see.... My lady would want the results of 901s bit I do reckon I would need to tone

901s is lovely- does come up warm I've heard u still may need to tone but high lift on top of bleach isn't recommended as u need 30 or 40 vol....
See what the others say!

Yes this is my problem!! I also find when I have used 901-901s it is still slightly warm. I want mine really ashy! But also your ladies hair is is also (judging by the pic) is a couple of shades darker! Bleach is the Bain of my life! I should know better haha xxx

Let's see.... My lady would want the results of 901s bit I do reckon I would need to tone

Possibly it depends on the outcome of the 901/s IRS really hard to say without seeing the result xx

Ska in regards to your lady, quasi colour at most, as permanent will just damage it too much :'( she has 2 choices in my eyes.... Go a shade darker and be even, or live with it using purple shampoos, you can't go lighter, 7/0 7/1 hasn't done anything, so 6 is your only change or do nothing.

Hi... I haven't touched it yet so I was going to use 7/0 and 7/01... But I haven't yet....
Suggested Fudge shampoo but think its got too much pale orange/ gold to actually work...
Shall I just persuade her to do the 7/0 7/01 mix... I'm thinking it may come up a nice medium ash blonde....(hope)
Or should I mix 8/0 and 8/01 as hair is v. Porous and likely to grab....I reckon this may be too light though😊😊

Soz I mis typed... I mean a 7/0 and 7/1 colour touch mix... Not 7/01!!

Latest posts

Back