Bleach disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.. Yes I know what u mean. Another geek has told me that 7/81 in illumina comes up very dark and suggested 8/1... But I'm not sure that will zap the orange?
The ends are very porous but I am going to take about 2 inches off😊

Hi.. Yes I know what u mean. Another geek has told me that 7/81 in illumina comes up very dark and suggested 8/1... But I'm not sure that will zap the orange?
The ends are very porous but I am going to take about 2 inches off😊

Hiya! I dont think 7/81 will zap all the orange :-( I hope im wrong though!
Id make her wait until her hair is in better condition so you can get a nice result. Was it you who did the majiblonde and blondor? Is her hair as thick as it looks? That makes things harder too x

Hi!l
She told me she did 2 blondors and someone at Sally's ( another hairdresser she said) told her to put a majiblonde 921 on it... What u see is how she came to me.... Yes the hair is that thick.
Any ideas? 😊

Hi!l
She told me she did 2 blondors and someone at Sally's ( another hairdresser she said) told her to put a majiblonde 921 on it... What u see is how she came to me.... Yes the hair is that thick.
Any ideas? 😊

Oh good so its not your fault so at least you wont feel too obliged! :)
What I'd do hmm.. tell her off for doing it herself lol.
I'd give her a really really good cut, slice in to it all when its dry and try getting some of the orange colour out that way. Recommend a purple shampoo and/or as a temporary measure put a toner to get rid of the yellow colour but id tell her realistically she cant get the ends to match the top without lifting or taking back down to a 6 (both u cant do cos of the damage shes done and she wont let u go darker)
She'd have to learn from her mistake, wait afew weeks and get her hair back in good condition then go in with bleach and 20vol in foils and tone in-between.
But it is a really hard one and everyone will have different ideas xx

Lol! I did tell her off ( very mildly!!)
Have recommended fudge shampoo I think is great....
Another geek recommended illumina 8/1 no sure what developer..:
Haven't used them yet so don't know???
And I genuinely cannot think of a toner that will cut it. I tone at pale yellow ( most ppl loving the silver look these days)
Arrrghhh and she's coming tomorrow!

Lol! I did tell her off ( very mildly!!)
Have recommended fudge shampoo I think is great....
Another geek recommended illumina 8/1 no sure what developer..:
Haven't used them yet so don't know???
And I genuinely cannot think of a toner that will cut it. I tone at pale yellow ( most ppl loving the silver look these days)
Arrrghhh and she's coming tomorrow!

Yes most people want that white blonde! Ive used L'oreal 8.0 as a toner for my client that didnt want that look. And havent yet but am goin to they clynols tone shot -wheat as thats more natural.
Ive not used illumina much yet either so wouldnt like to say.
best you can do is not promise her anything!
Just say im going to try this but because of what you have done this would be better and let her know its not going to be perfect straight away x

I will just try my best.....

Hopefully that's good enough!!!
😊😊😊 thanks to all who replied!

I explained it wouldn't be perfect... Did 7/81
It really toned down the orange fantastically....roots r only very slightly lighter.
So she is going to condition like there is no tomorrow and do gradual highlights!!
Forgot to take a pic, was so caught up in getting it right. Only developed for about 7 mind...watched it like a hawk otherwise it would have been khaki green lol!!

I explained it wouldn't be perfect... Did 7/81
It really toned down the orange fantastically....roots r only very slightly lighter.
So she is going to condition like there is no tomorrow and do gradual highlights!!
Forgot to take a pic, was so caught up in getting it right. Only developed for about 7 mind...watched it like a hawk otherwise it would have been khaki green lol!!

Thats fantastic :))

I did a clients hair today,
her sister has been putting bleach on for her, and this last time she got BBlonde? She said the lady at the chemist recommended she use the 40vol with it - 'cos she did.'
Her hair is naturally dark blonde and very white on the ends already, i read on the back 40vol is recommended for dark brown hair wanting to go warm blonde..
When she shampooed her hair, its come out in handfuls and her hair is now 2inches short in patches on top and on her crown!!
Just had to document this bleach disaster!! X

her sister has been putting bleach on for her, and this last time she got BBlonde? She said the lady at the chemist recommended she use the 40vol with it - 'cos she did.'
Her hair is naturally dark blonde and very white on the ends already, i read on the back 40vol is recommended for dark brown hair wanting to go warm blonde..
When she shampooed her hair, its come out in handfuls and her hair is now 2inches short in patches on top and on her crown!!

Poor woman , this is why people should go to us pros lol XxXx

Oh my dear lord!! Cannot believe that a none pro would recommend such advise!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I know I couldnt believe she had advised her! But my client should have also read the back of the box!
People just dont realise the strength of bleach until its too late.

It happened to my friend when i went travelling she had bust length thick black hair.
She Bleached it all 4 times in 1 week expecting it all to go a lovely blonde as her hair was in good condition. I came back off holiday and she had a mullet. To her chin at one side, to the bottom of her neck at the back and.. Grade 3 on top! Shes now staying black for the rest of her life she says. Its taken 2 years for it to start looking nice! X

I know I couldnt believe she had advised her! But my client should have also read the back of the box!
People just dont realise the strength of bleach until its too late.

It happened to my friend when i went travelling she had bust length thick black hair.
She Bleached it all 4 times in 1 week expecting it all to go a lovely blonde as her hair was in good condition. I came back off holiday and she had a mullet. To her chin at one side, to the bottom of her neck at the back and.. Grade 3 on top! Shes now staying black for the rest of her life she says. Its taken 2 years for it to start looking nice! X

Oh well that's really bad ;( however you could make some money out of it by recommending hair extensions.

Oh well that's really bad ;( however you could make some money out of it by recommending hair extensions.

Lol you cant put extensions on damaged hair, so shes lucky she wasnt buying a wig! xx

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳horror!

Anyone know how to get an ash blonde into a light gold auburn???
Had a lady this morn, ash blonde hair medium/ dark.
Looks lovely on her but says she wants to warm up for summer. Likes light gold auburn (similar when she has showed me picks to a very light caramel brown...)
Really nice colour...
Any ideas?
Defo a semi to minimise damage 😜

I cracked and went but dark!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367174858.777435.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367174858.777435.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 217

Latest posts

Back