Blending is taking too long

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indigo1

Reaction score
I have my first two real clients next week, but I'm worried about my timing, my application of L&P is fine, and filing and buffing. But tip bending can take me an hour!! I'm using CND velocity and they are the good ones to use for me, but still taking far too long!

I have just been doing a search, and see that peformance tips with no contact point are good. Does anyone use these all the time then L&P over the top? Do you need them to be blended a little so the line of the join will not show through? Or is using these all the time unproffesional? as i was told when training these were for occasional wear and not for rebalances.

Any help would be great. Obviously I want to do a good job and not cut corners, so was wondering if thats ok?

You can pre blend a tip that helps...just swipe the contact area a few time with a file and then apply....then it takes less time blending them on the nail.

I have found that when a tip is applied right there is less blending required...i have noticed this a few times when applying tips.

Blending tips takes practise like anything else but it does come and it does get easier.

The Performance tips you mentioned are fab, no blending is needed but i still do a little. But as with any tips they wont suit EVERY nail....thats why its good to have a selection of tips.

As for Performance tips not being good for rebalances...?? thats just crazy talk..:lol:...tips are just there to give length and to stop the product falling on the floor...once they are on it makes zilch difference when it comes to rebalancing...your rebalancing the product..not the tips.

Thanks for that I didn't see how a rebalancing them would be a problem, but had to check.

I am definatly going to order some performance tips, thanks for the advice. I feel like with my first client next week I'm getting in a panic and trying to remember everything!! need to keep calm!!lol

Thank you

Faye

The Performance tips are FAB and save lots of time. Good luck next week! :hug:

hi hun

i use tips with no contact and with the ones i dont i have bought a solution which allows you to tip blend when its attached to the nail - i bought mine from my college and scarcely use it unless i need to.

Hey!

I have the same problem, then i feel that im over filing, the first few sets i did werent great but they are getting better with practise!
Where can you get the performance tips?
thanks, x

Pro Impressions to well less tips,just as good IMA.

i have bought a solution which allows you to tip blend when its attached to the nail - i bought mine from my college and scarcely use it unless i need to.

line out/tip blender/acetone....all these things are not a good idea....they weaken the tip...clog up your file and are a total waste of money :green: shortcuts are often problem causers in the future...service breakdown! Best bet is to master doing things the right way in the first place.

i find that if i blend in an upwards motion rather than towars the free edge then you dont catch the edge of the tip and seems to work a lot quicker also do the sides towards the middle then you barely have to do anything in the middle. And like Bagpuss said pre blend b4 applying.
I use well less tips as much as i can it makes life a lot easier.
Hope this helps

perfomance tips will not work on really short nails either, as you need a little free edge. When you apply your powder you have to ensure it covers your smile line otherwise it will give you a shadow. Unless using coverage powders. I personally hated blending tips and went straight onto sculpting, although I do still tip and does not make it any different or better to sculpting (if done properley) I find the only time i use a tip it will be an eclipse tip. xxx

In my experience one thing that helps me a lot when blending a tip is using the full length of my file. Which means using a long stroke across the top of the tip, rather than short choppy strokes. I've also used a tip blender solution (blend a tip and now a qtica brand) for years and have never had a problem with it weakening a tip or causing breakage. I'm not sure I would recommend acetone, that could cause too much breakdown. I only use a tip blender if I just can't get that fine shadow of line out.

this may be a silly question as i am quite new to all this still - i only use velocity tips with the contact area - if there is no contact area like on the performance, surely you have to blend or there will be a ridge? this was never explained in our training - can someone briefly explain? also on training we were told that you had to blend tips so that strength was added to the nail? many thanks

I think perfomance tips are to be used when there is a free adge to put them on so therefore no blending and you would not see ghost shadow as your white would cover this. Or I know some just use white perfomance tips. I got taught that the tip is not for strength atall and only there as a guide for your L&P, if this was the case surely you would not blend as much of tip away would you not?? and sculptured nails have no tip yet are strong. The strenght in the nail comes from your apex. Kirsty I done my training with CND's Katie ellison, im sure you did aswell. xxx

Latest posts

Back