Blocked from obtaining Redken products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allies dream

Reaction score
I wonder if I could ask for some advice, I have just fully installed a salon at home, and wanted to have redken products,but after already booking a visit was told I wasn't allowed as I did not have a separate front door to the salon. It dosn't make sense redken is freely available from salon centric in America ,home salons are common in cumbria and I am a qualified professional made to feel second best. Who would I be best writing a complaint too please. Many. Thanks Allison, I already have an account with goldwell and the rep is happy to see me on request.

When I was training, 5 years ago, this is exactly how my bosses salon was and she claimed she had some guarantee she would be the only salon within a certain distance to sell redken.

Now, I know of at least two others that sell and use it, including the local college.

Honestly, I'd just go with the company that wanted my business. Redken isn't so special. Shades eq is okay, but goldwell colorance looks like it would give eq a run for it's money.

Honestly, I'd just go with the company that wanted my business. Redken isn't so special. Shades eq is okay, but goldwell colorance looks like it would give eq a run for it's money.
Don't get me wrong I love goldwell especially colorance, but I have tried shades eq for toning and was simply blown away by the results. And yes I take your point, since goldwell wants my business I will be sticking with them for a lot of my range but I truly think that 9v and 9t as well as flashlift and some others from the redken range would benefit my business greatly. I'll just have to try and recreate 9v and 9t from shades eq in colourance.

Thank you for your response
Allison

I use wella illumina instead of redken for toning. 9/60 is powerful violet. You have to know what your doing to get the results you want but wow! The results! Tone shiny absolutely amazing. 8/69 also. If you are interested, I'd be happy to help you try that as an alternative.

I still use eq now and again to refresh red, but trust me about the illumina over shades eq.

I use wella illumina instead of redken for toning. 9/60 is powerful violet. You have to know what your doing to get the results you want but wow! The results! Tone shiny absolutely amazing. 8/69 also. If you are interested, I'd be happy to help you try that as an alternative.

I still use eq now and again to refresh red, but trust me about the illumina over shades eq.

That would be great thankyou. I've really been struggling to get clean platinum, or tone slightly yellow , or get a light silver with colorance tried loads of combinations but to no avail.

Allison

Clean platinum 9/60 1 part 2 parts pastel. Apply to damp hair that has been treated for porosity with anyi ox conditioner. Visually develop. 5 min. max.

Tone slightly yellow: 9/60 1 part tint, 1 part pastel, 1 part anti oxy conditioner. Visually develop.

Light silver 1 part 8/69 1 part 10/69 2 parts pastel. Visually develop.

For a more balanced silvery beige: (my go to toner) 9/60 1 part, 9/0 1 part, pastel 2 parts. Develop visually or 15 minutes.

All these are for a level 10. If your toning level 9, use 9/60 1 part to 2 parts pastel. dry hair if the yellow tone is pronounced.

Last edited:
Clean platinum 9/60 1 part 2 parts pastel. Apply to damp hair that has been treated for porosity with anyi ox conditioner. Visually develop. 5 min. max.

Tone slightly yellow: 9/60 1 part tint, 1 part pastel, 1 part anti oxy conditioner. Visually develop.

For a more balanced silvery beige: (my go to toner) 9/60 1 part, 9/0 1 part, pastel 2 parts. Develop visually or 15 minutes.

All these are for a level 10. If your toning level 9, use 9/60 1 part to 2 parts pastel. dry hair if the yellow tone is pronounced.

Wow thankyou so much can't wait to try it now I'm off to capital tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on.

Excellent. Pm me if you have any questions. More than happy to help and share my love for illumina!

:cool::cool:

Tsparker, I tried the 9/0 with 9/60 today wow blown away got my blonde toners at last thankyou very much for your help

Excellent. Very glad to have been of help!

Latest posts

Back