Blonde me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortcake2016

Reaction score
schwarzkopf blonde me

I've used this product a few times before on scalp and in foils, always been fine but today one section got really hot and I had to wash it off....anyone else had this happen?

Sounds like a reaction to something already on the hair.

Had the client used a box dye or a home lightening product?

Sounds like a reaction to something already on the hair.

Had the client used a box dye or a home lightening product?
Not as far as I'm aware...she had some highlights with me about 3 months ago but wanted to go a whiter shade which is why we choose this...she said she'd not used mousse, hairspray or any dry shampoos etc...I'm puzzled..the foil was really long and only folded on itself....

Hi sorry to jump in here. I've been having the same experience. Last week I used blondeme on my client. I painted a few slices ( I didn't use foils ) and my lady's hair was red hot! Very scary!!

Hi sorry to jump in here. I've been having the same experience. Last week I used blondeme on my client. I painted a few slices ( I didn't use foils ) and my lady's hair was red hot! Very scary!!
Ummm..it obviously doesn't like certain hair...what peroxide did you use?

20 vol @Shortcake2016 . The only thing I can think of is that my client had some old colour in her mid lengths and ends from a previous colour she had done.

20 vol @Shortcake2016 . The only thing I can think of is that my client had some old colour in her mid lengths and ends from a previous colour she had done.
Ummm...mine had some highlights previously with me about 3 months ago...I used 20 vol too...I'm puzzled as to what it's reacted to...used it on other clients and it's been great!, will be cautious in the future. X

Are you using the blonde me developers

I just came on here to search the same question! Has happened to me on 3 separate clients, all with 20vol in foils literally 15 mins into development, cautious about using it now

Are you guys mixing according to manufacturers directions, or just eyeballing for consistency? It could be because you mixed the bleach too thick with too little developer and thus making the product too strong, and causing a chemical reaction.

Latest posts

Back