Blonde or Brunette?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope u all ok, well I am currently very blonde and I am also on a diet raising money for meningitis so I want a new look for 2006, now do I stay blonde (worried about my hair dropping out!!) or do I go for a nice brown colour... :rolleyes:

Thanks

well i have been blonde all my life up to age 26 and got so bored of it I am now brunette and love it. I made the change a year ago gradually with blonde and brown highlights 1st then gradually had less blonde and more brown and now have full head of chocolate brown with a few red and a few blonde bits weaved through to add a bit of colour.

I was the same, I was blonde for about 5 years and about 6 months ago I got bored and went dark brown all in one go and I love it now:D

thanks girls definitely feeling the brown

Why don't you have some brown lowlights put in? my mate was bottle blonde for year and she had this done and it looked SO NICE, really natural and then you can increase them if you like the darker look... i'm doing the opposite at the moment, darker going lighter. (she hated it because she loved her bright white blonde hair and went back to it a week later, but all her mates agree behind her back her hair was better with the brown in. poor luv still thinks she 16 LOL!)

yes this is how I did it, and my hair is in much better condition. Thing is, I am naturally blonde but the last few years its gone a horrible mucky blonde and I was having to have loads of highlights to keep it bright, but it was getting very strawlike and in poor condition. But lots of people have said I suit the dark colour better even though Im naturally fair.

hey blondes not going out of style is it...........i'm a brunette and have only just got up the nerve to go blonde!!!!

no hun, anything goes these days - i just really wanted a change!

im naturaly dark haired but wanted a change so ive got my natural dark underneath and blond alover on top, looks good when i put my hair up in a ponytail

I was blonde for 26 years and went v.dark brunette about 9 months ago- I really liked it but was having difficulty with blonde roots! So decided to lighten up again and have done so over the last 5/6 weeks - I hate it.
I am going dark again today not as dark as I was but brown with a couple of blonde flashes underneath. I will just going to have to get it done more often because the roots will bug me.
KxXx

I've always been a brunette and I luuurrrvveee it!!!!!
Go brown, go brown, go brown!!!

hmmm I'm gonna get a hair mag or 2 at lucnh and have a good look don't wanna rush it cause I once went dark over 2 years ago but the hairdresser did it black and red so put me right off, I'm thinking chocolatey mmm:lick:

katysnails83 said:
hmmm I'm gonna get a hair mag or 2 at lucnh and have a good look don't wanna rush it cause I once went dark over 2 years ago but the hairdresser did it black and red so put me right off, I'm thinking chocolatey mmm:lick:

Chocolatey is good!! Another reason is why I love it is as Im pale, it makes me look more tanned!!! :o I have a dark browny warm reddy colour underneath, a chocolately browny colour and a few scattered blondes!!!

yeah mine is chocolate brown and then a few bits in the mid layers are copper and a few blonde, so it just peeps through the top layers and doesnt look stripey

I was very blonde and took the pludge and went brown, But I just didnt like it so had a few highlights of blonde added back in.

just got back from the hairdressers and have gone from mid brown to very dark brown with red streaks:D

no matter how much u wanna go brown goin straight 4 a block colour is the wrong way to do it trust me wev had that many people come back after goin all brown wantin blonde highlights to break it up
if u d go all brwn please go to a hairdressers other wise u'll go a khaki colour and ur hairdresser should go a couple of shades darker than u want it, with it being on top of blonde the dark will wash out and fade so its best goin darker the first few times u have it done
and unless ur using off the self shop colour and rubbish shampoo i.e garnier fructis/john freida blonde in particular, ur hair shouldn't snap off because of the colour u put on

Latest posts

Back