Blonde to dark!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never normally more than 1/2 n 1/2 will come out too red depending on desired shade and fade quicker too

1/2 mean half of the tube? no i didnt use that much tho..

i did use lots but not that much lol

i have used almost half when i done a full head red xoxo
xxxthanksss

1/2 mean half of the tube? no i didnt use that much tho..

i did use lots but not that much lol

i have used almost half when i done a full head red xoxo
xxxthanksss

No half half mix is if you want 60ml in total use 30 of base 30 of red mix, like in ct 5/0 5/4 is nice, covers well, fades ok and is more red when the light is on it.

In joico it would be too red to do half n half as they're stronger.

No half half mix is if you want 60ml in total use 30 of base 30 of red mix, like in ct 5/0 5/4 is nice, covers well, fades ok and is more red when the light is on it.

In joico it would be too red to do half n half as they're stronger.

Ah ok cool ; thanksss xxx

So I pre pigged with red/copper but then went with 44/07. I should have used green mix but I didn't and now it's still too red!
Help! What can I put over the top to make it more of a flat colour. She would prefer gold to red!

I'm doing it again late this morning. I swear I'm never doing colour correction ever again! Makes me a nervous reck! I couldn't sleep a wink last night!

You should have pre pig'd red Hun not green, but then depends on the colour you put ontop, if that had red in it too then you have put double red on, I don't know off the top of my head what 44.07 is, but you could have put a flat blown on if you pre pig, you can't if you don't.

Check your colour wheel and opposite red will be blue, so you neutralise red with blue x won't be easy at that level to not go darker though, I'd be tempted to try a blonde level toner with a blue base to just tone down the red. You should have told her some red would show through though.

What did you pre pig with?

You should have pre pig'd red Hun not green, but then depends on the colour you put ontop, if that had red in it too then you have put double red on, I don't know off the top of my head what 44.07 is, but you could have put a flat blown on if you pre pig, you can't if you don't.

Check your colour wheel and opposite red will be blue, so you neutralise red with blue x won't be easy at that level to not go darker though, I'd be tempted to try a blonde level toner with a blue base to just tone down the red. You should have told her some red would show through though.

What did you pre pig with?

Red and blue make violet! X

Sounds like brunette has kicked up too much warmth. Y don't u post pig with 0/28. Or u can do /011 to just soften the brunette tones.
Post pig:
5-30ml of koleston special mix
60 ml warm water
15ml 9% welloxon perfect
Apply and develop 5-15 mins.

I would use just 5ml 0/28 as u don't wanna kill it all

Yer ignore me. .. I'm just waking up, busy day yesterday lol. Oops ... Good job blue is there on hand :)

I was gonna say green initially, but by blue toner level I was thinking something ashy not full on blue because that would go purple! ... What would you put on? I seriously can't think, this is one of those that standing in front of it, I'd fix it, but I wouldn't be thinking of the reasons why, I'd do it automatically lol. Speak in matrix colours you've used those too ain't ya?

Ok I've got over my blonde moment, I was in the shower and out loud went 'of course it's green you tart' my mom (about to walk down the stairs) 'what's green?' Lol

Listen to piercednige Hun, sounds the best plan xx and I checked my opposite again just to make sure my chart didn't lie to me, and I looked at orange, which of course needs blue to neutralise, it's something we do on a daily basis almost, note to self, wake up before giving advise lol.

Still would like to know what you pre pig'd with though xx

I pre pigged with 66/44 then went in with 44/07 but should have added green mix but didn't. Now have the below. She now says she wants this pic!! Keeps changing her mind. I'm a nervous reck! I feel sick at the thought of doing it today!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364463945.145053.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364463945.145053.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 195
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364463968.650988.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364463968.650988.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 142
I pre pigged with 66/44 then went in with 44/07 but should have added green mix but didn't. Now have the below. She now says she wants this pic!! Keeps changing her mind. I'm a nervous reck! I feel sick at the thought of doing it today!

Ok looking at the pic on the left, was that after the 44/07? Should not have been that red and wishy washy (sorry) so make sure when you darken you use depositing peroxide only, Demi/quasi colours are best, hold better, give more even result, and last longer than permanent colours (when darkening down) also kinder to the hair :D

The pic she now wants is a mix of caramel blondes and a neutral mid to light brown over the rest, from what she wanted to that you need to tell her this wont happen in one go!

This time concentrate on neutralising the red, luckily she's around a level 5 so going off the left pic I'd either try piercednige's solution or do another base with green in the mix to neutralise the red, as it is wishy washy just now. Then tell her next time once faded a little you can work on introducing the caramel tones but as she showed you natural dark brown you had to put in red to make sure she didn't go green, but unfortunately as red is a strong colour it shone through more than expected, so will neutralise that today and work on the caramel tones next time.

I have a lady that changed her mind 5 times during a consultation, so I told her I can't test or give advise without know what it is she wants! Lol.

Due to the look of the condition of her hair just explain that this is something you could work towards but at present is unachievable! You want to be professional dont let the client make you do anything you feel uncomfortable doing! After all it's ur name

Ok looking at the pic on the left, was that after the 44/07? Should not have been that red and wishy washy (sorry) so make sure when you darken you use depositing peroxide only, Demi/quasi colours are best, hold better, give more even result, and last longer than permanent colours (when darkening down) also kinder to the hair :D

The pic she now wants is a mix of caramel blondes and a neutral mid to light brown over the rest, from what she wanted to that you need to tell her this wont happen in one go!

This time concentrate on neutralising the red, luckily she's around a level 5 so going off the left pic I'd either try piercednige's solution or do another base with green in the mix to neutralise the red, as it is wishy washy just now. Then tell her next time once faded a little you can work on introducing the caramel tones but as she showed you natural dark brown you had to put in red to make sure she didn't go green, but unfortunately as red is a strong colour it shone through more than expected, so will neutralise that today and work on the caramel tones next time.

I have a lady that changed her mind 5 times during a consultation, so I told her I can't test or give advise without know what it is she wants! Lol.

Thank you x I used colour touch so not sure why it is so wishy washy.
I swear I'm not doing colour correction ever again! I feel sick!!!

So done the 5/37 with touch of green as advised by fellow geek but still red! Defiantly better but she doesn't think so! I'm gutted as she is a friend!
Picture doesn't look red!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364480377.284912.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364480377.284912.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 893
I think because you done it with a full colour? Rather than just a perfecton or pre pig is maybe why it came out so strong (red) xx

That looks nice! The red will was out and depth then put another perfection rinse over it x

That looks nice! The red will was out and depth then put another perfection rinse over it x

Thanks blue x I thought it did too. Really knocked my colour confidence!

I actually think it looks wishy washy on the ends still and that if anything it's going to fade up more red :(
You need to make sure that you are applying enough product as in both your pictures it looks like you may have skimped. I'm not saying this to be horrible just being honest.
I'd do a dia light, in a 4 with half a dose of 5.07 and put literally buckets on BUT the problem is that you are over lapping so many dark colours you are going to build up the places where the coverage is already pretty intense.
Wait a fortnight and if its does as I predict it will and washes up to a red then re colour with a dia light or colour touch and put absolutely loads and loads of product on x

Latest posts

Back