Blonde to dark!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre pigged with 66/44 then went in with 44/07 but should have added green mix but didn't. Now have the below. She now says she wants this pic!! Keeps changing her mind. I'm a nervous reck! I feel sick at the thought of doing it today!

Looks under developed or like your peroxide is a general colour developer rather then brand specific? Or like you have not applied enough colour?
This is no way a 4..maybe your peroxcide/colour has oxidised Hun?

It might be showing red with because of the /7 working with the red already there and kickin out more red.
Also like CHarvey has said it looks like not enough colour has been applied to the ends.

Don't let it knock you confidence, we don't get things right all the time. An it's better on a friend that is hopefully understandable rather than a paying customer.

I used the wella developer for colour touch. That's one thing I made sure I did was apply loads of colour. I used a tube and a half.
To be honest her hair was a nightmare to colour before she decided to go dark. I should have known better to agree to do it in the first place! I just don't want to fall out with her over it. I'm devistatded.

Looks under developed or like your peroxide is a general colour developer rather then brand specific? Or like you have not applied enough colour?
This is no way a 4..maybe your peroxcide/colour has oxidised Hun?

They were brand new tubes purchased this morning. And the developer was only brought yesterday too. :(

They were brand new tubes purchased this morning. And the developer was only brought yesterday too. :(

Did you mix 1:1?? Is CT still 1:1? Did you do it by sight or measure? I say this because when training its better to measure, and especially going darker to ensure the colour ratio is 100% and not diluted.

I think her ends look wishy washy now more for how wispy they are and the light passing through, possibly but still not looking 100% from root to tip, sadly it does look washed out on the ends.

We are not saying any of this to upset you but to try helping you understand why this has happened so you can avoid it in the future, what colour is 5.37 ? I need to buy a wella chart I've forgot what the colours are off the top of my head, I have a warm brown in my head but with a copper warm not red warm? Is that right?

Looks loads better though now, what is it she's not happy with the red still? I'd do as charvey has advised and leave a good week or 2 (longer the better) before putting another colour on as you don't want the colour build up and do a flat 5.0 no extra colouring in it.

Like piercednige said it went so red as you pre pig'd red and then put a red brown ontop, you should have put a flat 5.0 after pre pigging, does that make sense?

Don't let it nock your confidence Hun, learn from it, I've just ready your getting back into the industry after how long out? Maybe speak to your warehouse and ask to go on a colour refresher course with your colour house, usually free as you are buying them. And ask about colour correction too x just to give you some fresh information x

Don't let it nock your confidence Hun, learn from it, I've just ready your getting back into the industry after how long out? Maybe speak to your warehouse and ask to go on a colour refresher course with your colour house, usually free as you are buying them. And ask about colour correction too x just to give you some fresh information x

Not upset by your comments at all, I appreciate them all. I feel like I have learnt from this already.
I have looked into a colour correction course this afternoon, just waiting for them to get back to me.
I think what made it more frustrating is that she is my best friend.

Not upset by your comments at all, I appreciate them all. I feel like I have learnt from this already.
I have looked into a colour correction course this afternoon, just waiting for them to get back to me.
I think what made it more frustrating is that she is my best friend.

I understand you feeling upset due to it being your friend but better to be a friend than a new customer x

Are you currently training?colour corrections can be unpredictable and testing! It happens and you've taken on board comments and like you've said you've already learnt from this. It's an experience not a mistake :)

[/QUOTE]

Are you currently training?colour corrections can be unpredictable and testing! It happens and you've taken on board comments and like you've said you've already learnt from this. It's an experience not a mistake :)
[/QUOTE]

No I have been in the industry for 15 yrs ! Had some time out but never given up compleatly.

No I have been in the industry for 15 yrs ! Had some time out but never given up compleatly.[/QUOTE]

Just a refresher course for a confidence boost will be all you need then x

Latest posts

Back