Blonde to red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I can't seem to find a thread that says what I want. I have a client that's got blonde hair, quite porous and says she wants to try red. I'm just wondering the best way of getting a red that won't fade too quickly? I mostly just use permanent Matrix Socolour but I'm sure I've read somewhere that if I add a bit of Semi-permanent it will last longer with the colour molecules being bigger. Is this right or have I totally got my wires crossed? :eek:
Thanks.

Hi geeks,

I can't seem to find a thread that says what I want. I have a client that's got blonde hair, quite porous and says she wants to try red. I'm just wondering the best way of getting a red that won't fade too quickly? I mostly just use permanent Matrix Socolour but I'm sure I've read somewhere that if I add a bit of Semi-permanent it will last longer with the colour molecules being bigger. Is this right or have I totally got my wires crossed? :eek:
Thanks.

Do exactly the same but in sync, but remember sync goes darker :)

Do explain to your client that it will fade as red is hard to keep on non porous hair. You can offer her wella colour fresh in 7/44 (not sure if the brand you use does an equlianlent) but its a true semi permenant used to freshen up between colours. Also quazis do last alot better :)

Do exactly the same but in sync, but remember sync goes darker :)

Thank you! Think I'll just come to you with all my Matrix questions in future. :wink2: You're like a Matrix guru! :lol:

Do explain to your client that it will fade as red is hard to keep on non porous hair. You can offer her wella colour fresh in 7/44 (not sure if the brand you use does an equlianlent) but its a true semi permenant used to freshen up between colours. Also quazis do last alot better :)

Oh ok, thank you, I'll look into that.

Thank you! Think I'll just come to you with all my Matrix questions in future. :wink2: You're like a Matrix guru! :lol:

I've used and experimented with it ALOT!! Good luck what shade you aiming for?

I've used and experimented with it ALOT!! Good luck what shade you aiming for?

Something like a 5R I think. That's what I got from what she was explaining anyway, I'm going to do a consultation with her so I can show her my shade chart as she's probably thinking something completely different. She said Mahogany red at first which means nothing as everyones version of mahogany is different :rolleyes:

Something like a 5R I think. That's what I got from what she was explaining anyway, I'm going to do a consultation with her so I can show her my shade chart as she's probably thinking something completely different. She said Mahogany red at first which means nothing as everyones version of mahogany is different :rolleyes:

Yes I know that feeling, showed someone mahogany and they hated it!! She picked an ash and said thats the mahogany I want!! Lol so I'd your aiming for 5r go with 6r in sync it's always darker and gives you that bit more working time to get it on :) if that makes sense

Just to add, with 5r socolour (will be a discontinued shade) use on roots and color sync the mid length and ends 1 or 2 shades lighter in 5r or 6r (both discontinued in colorsync). Great to refresh that colour aswel! hths xoxo

Just to add, with 5r socolour (will be a discontinued shade) use on roots and color sync the mid length and ends 1 or 2 shades lighter in 5r or 6r (both discontinued in colorsync). Great to refresh that colour aswel! hths xoxo

Ughhh since when? I'll be strapping my rep down and beating him when he tells me all the new discontinuations :( lol

I got very annoyed too, in fact i had a personal moan when they came to visit at my salon, as i stock most of the range. If you grab yourself a list price, normally has the up to date as of 1st august 2011 shades and if you ask your rep too they'll let you know!

On additional note the boosters for color sync are back yay! (they also have red+ and some new hd reds are coming soon, cant tell you when thou!) xoxo

I got very annoyed too, in fact i had a personal moan when they came to visit at my salon, as i stock most of the range. If you grab yourself a list price, normally has the up to date as of 1st august 2011 shades and if you ask your rep too they'll let you know!

On additional note the boosters for color sync are back yay! (they also have red+ and some new hd reds are coming soon, cant tell you when thou!) xoxo

Ah I see!! My price list is Jan, think I need a new one then

Ohhh I love that colour! :rolleyes: Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back